Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4121314

Thread: Bear derby 2021!

Re: Bear derby 2021!

Quote Originally Posted by upperleftcoaster View Post
    As the bear lays:

Nice bear, good meat and fat....beware of using federal blue box ammo FYI, my experience with it is it can fragment and damage meat very easily, glad you did well with it, congrats again...

Quote Originally Posted by Blacktail1 View Post
    Best part of a bear derby is this here !!!!
    That looks awesome...

Friends and family that don't even really like wild meat have been hammering the bear carne asada

Alright, I’ll admit.. using the same thread for banter and entries definitely made things more difficult.

ive been saving images into separate folders with usernames to organize, I think I have an accurate list of entries between HBC and my email, I was able to weed out any duplicates based on photos but if I had any doubts I sent a message confirming your username / email.

I am going to borrow a laptop, get off this tablet and make a separate thread with pictures/entries in the same post, if you see me post it, please don’t reply to it until it’s finished to keep things organized.

I am in the process of messaging each person that entered individually, some I need a bit more info from so please check your PM / keep your inbox open (unlike me lol). I’m going to give people a few days to get back to me as I think that’s only fair to everyone based on my delays.

Once I start to hear back from the users I need the additional info from, I will forward the relevantl photos and usernames in an organized fashion to those judging / deciding the outcome, and for any that need to be drawn, I am hoping to have a customer at Great North (if they permit) do the drawing while I’m there tying up the loose ends for the prizes.

Anyone who has entered but hasn’t got an email or a PM from me, check that your inbox isn’t full / I didn’t end up in the junk mail... if you still don’t find anything don’t hesitate to message me right away and I’ll make sure you’re entered.

im just waiting on a return phone call then I’ll post draw/ winner select date and when you can expect prizes.

again, my apologies for dropping the ball.. hopefully the last half of summer is much better than the first.
    Fingers crossed for less fires.. can’t handle much more of that !

Draw was supposed to be done on the 10th and prizes going out soon after, we are obviously past that but considering the circumstances I will be giving those who I’m waiting to communicate with until Sunday to provide any info. Winners will be drawn/selected Friday the 23rd when I’m in Kelowna paying for the prizes, I believe gift cards can be digital / emailed so there should be no further delays beyond that. Assuming Great North is OK with it, I’ll have any draws that need to be done, completed by a customer/s at their store that day.
    Last edited by RyoTHC; 07-14-2021 at 07:47 AM.

Good news,

I’ll be honest, I was worried that because I dropped the ball that I may have ended up losing some donations to the fun, that does not look to be the case! Everyone involved is a great sport and it looks like this is moving forward almost entirely intact!

I just finished loading up the truck once I finish breakfast and grab the pup im headed off over the mountain to the valley if death (sooo Smokey) to Great North Precision to square up for the gift cards and get this ball rolling!

This is most definitely going to be an annual thing(speaking for my own donations), but I will say this..
    instead of doing it on a whim mid season next year, I will be ready April first with everything laid out, donations(if any) already collected and more clarity will be afforded to those who were kind enough to volunteer their services judging or helping me in any way during.

I am beyond appreciative to everyone, and I am glad that we are able to still make some people have a better summer with a few bucks to get them prepared for chasing deer elk or bear again in a few short weeks !

Once I get to Kelowna and have things squared away I will send my info to the relevant people and we will get the winners announced ASAP!

hopefully everyone is keeping safe, out of the smoke and enjoyed the hilarity of my attempt at the first annual bear derby.