Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Bear derby 2021!

Re: Bear derby 2021!

Hell ya!!!..good training for sure just dont hurt yourself...i used to do stuff like that until i pinched a nerve in my back not fun..

Glad to see this thread starting to take off !

I am out hunting until Tuesday still, being put to shame by all the folks here ! But those of you that have messaged me or posted an entry, I will get ahold of you Tuesday afternoon to discuss !

those of you that take your bear to a taxidermist, if the taxidermists takes the pictures/measurements and can include something authenticating his/her measurements then we will accept that as an entry as well as I know some people have no desire to flesh a bear skull themselves or maybe they got a trophy and want a mount done as well as the delicious meat !

some beautiful bears posted here so far, my mouth is watering thinking about this seasons batch of cheddar cheese smokies...!

Be safe and good luck!!!

So....I've got a pic of me with a moose leg thrown over my shoulder, but I never thought of getting a pic with a bear strapped to my back. You guys are going to love those pics for years to come and I'm going to have to get one myself!

Both are nice bears, too, but I have to confess: a cinnamon like that would look good on the floor beside my bed
    Rob Chipman
    "The idea of wilderness needs no defense, it only needs defenders" - Ed Abbey
    "Grown men do not need leaders" - also Ed Abbey

Black and white are an easy way to avoid "gore"... would a black and white be considered a doctored photo?

Quote Originally Posted by Rob Chipman View Post
    So....I've got a pic of me with a moose leg thrown over my shoulder, but I never thought of getting a pic with a bear strapped to my back. You guys are going to love those pics for years to come and I'm going to have to get one myself!

Both are nice bears, too, but I have to confess: a cinnamon like that would look good on the floor beside my bed
    yea I want to get a rug made out of him, out of probably 10+ bears I’ve shot this was the only one to be skinned properly and put in the freezer. Just having a hard time finding a taxidermist. Everyone I’ve called is either retired or booked for awhile.

Let’s bump this up front and centre, some people are getting bears and not realizing this is here !

got one of two of my bears for the season, waiting on a fall berry bear for the other.. let the submissions roll in!

Ok so here we go lots to digest on this for entry
    1) short story
    2 ) as it lays
    3) how fat
    4) skull pics cleaned
    5)tag
    ill give it a whirl..
    im posting this on behalf of my 13 year old son “grader1”
    Grader decided this year he wanted to try to harvest a black bear . Since his birthday was just around the corner the wife and I decided that every young man who hunts should have his own rifle ... so I looked around and managed to find a beautiful husky 270 . Birthday in the books we had a plan to camp out and go get a bear . Turns out we went camping in monsoon season
    photos upload free

although it was a wet trip in a tent it was still good fun . We only spotted 3 bears one was a shooter for sir but with no boat it just couldn’t happen .. fast forward to Wednesday may 12 . After work I suggest to the fact we should go for a drive after dinner to “ my honey hole” well not actually but still went for a drive. We pulled over up high in blue berry territory and had a good glass ... when I was glassing I spotted a bear .. wow he looks like a big bear ! He’s probably 3/4 of a mile away . We assessed the roads and area he was in and decided to try our luck , problem turned out that where he was was steep and very broken ground so once we got to within the area We thought he was it just didn’t pan out .... moving to Friday the 14th we decided we need to try to find this bear so we put a plan together and headed out. It could not have worked out better . We were in his area right around 7:45 pm and guess who is out feeding. I get grader set up only problem is the sun is setting at 11:00 and grader can’t see a thing through his scope. I assure the young fella the bear is just feeding just calm down and wait for you’re chance! As soon as that left my mouth ...up snaps the bears head he winded us off he goes ! Uh oh! He was at 88 yards when he winded us at that point I moved my middle aged man boobs in a manner to shade the sun at the point the bear was at 153 yards when he stopped. Grader squeezes of a round and the bear bites at his shoulder then stumbled and rolled over ... success !! Grader was just thrilled his bulllet was nearly dead Center in the bores heart.

now for the cleaned skull
    Craig stolle oficially green scored him at 19” on the button
    Last edited by Blacktail1; 06-03-2021 at 10:32 PM.

thats grader1”s entry for bear derby 2021 .. awesome idea everyone who is putting it on snd generous donators... good luck the rest of the season to all of our fellow hunters.!!! BT1

Central Interior of our beautiful british columbia.

That boar was a scrapper!! Nice scars on his noggin!! congrats you guys, beauty bruin!! Moosin
    "A good day hunting is mud on your truck or blood on your hands"

“Some people go to church and think about hunting……………others go hunting and think about God!”

It's actually called the 375 "ouch and ouch"!!

"Not asking for any spots or anything like that............................................"