Ok so here we go lots to digest on this for entry
    1) short story
    2 ) as it lays
    3) how fat
    4) skull pics cleaned
    5)tag
    ill give it a whirl..
    im posting this on behalf of my 13 year old son “grader1”
    Grader decided this year he wanted to try to harvest a black bear . Since his birthday was just around the corner the wife and I decided that every young man who hunts should have his own rifle ... so I looked around and managed to find a beautiful husky 270 . Birthday in the books we had a plan to camp out and go get a bear . Turns out we went camping in monsoon season
    photos upload free

although it was a wet trip in a tent it was still good fun . We only spotted 3 bears one was a shooter for sir but with no boat it just couldn’t happen .. fast forward to Wednesday may 12 . After work I suggest to the fact we should go for a drive after dinner to “ my honey hole” well not actually but still went for a drive. We pulled over up high in blue berry territory and had a good glass ... when I was glassing I spotted a bear .. wow he looks like a big bear ! He’s probably 3/4 of a mile away . We assessed the roads and area he was in and decided to try our luck , problem turned out that where he was was steep and very broken ground so once we got to within the area We thought he was it just didn’t pan out .... moving to Friday the 14th we decided we need to try to find this bear so we put a plan together and headed out. It could not have worked out better . We were in his area right around 7:45 pm and guess who is out feeding. I get grader set up only problem is the sun is setting at 11:00 and grader can’t see a thing through his scope. I assure the young fella the bear is just feeding just calm down and wait for you’re chance! As soon as that left my mouth ...up snaps the bears head he winded us off he goes ! Uh oh! He was at 88 yards when he winded us at that point I moved my middle aged man boobs in a manner to shade the sun at the point the bear was at 153 yards when he stopped. Grader squeezes of a round and the bear bites at his shoulder then stumbled and rolled over ... success !! Grader was just thrilled his bulllet was nearly dead Center in the bores heart.

now for the cleaned skull
    Craig stolle oficially green scored him at 19” on the button

Thats a bruiser!!! Congrats!!!
    I like drinking beer and whiskey, shooting guns, jetboating, love a nice rack and a tight line, I am simply a sophisticated redneck...

Re: Bear derby 2021!

My bear head is frozen unskinned busy..as heck..
    Everyone should post theres big or small.and see what happens.

Not sure if this has everything you want/need. Just going to share. 4k quality is rendering still...

Quote Originally Posted by warnniklz View Post

This mornings Bear hunt was interesting. Was watching one bear a 200yrds on ridge that was laying down watching us. Too far for a front shot and it wouldnt turn. I tried to circle it but the wind was wrong so gave up. When i got back to the boys the bear had not moved. I decide to setup and wait for a shot when all of a sudden this other bigger bear is 50 yards behind me grunting and puffing and goes up a tree. I shoot it and it falls down a ravine. Suddenly theres a tiny cub the size of a soccer ball wailing up the same tree and we are all like oh shit this sucks. We just killed mum. Theres a debate on what we do with the cub and decide to deal with mum and think about it. We get a rope on the bears foot as it is hanging over a steep drop and haul it up about ten feet, in the process in spins around and wholly it has two big balls. Its a boar that was trying to get the cub and the other bear was not watching us but watching the cub in the tree. That bear is mum. Suddenly everyone is happy and after 30 mins we dragged the bear out to a road, with mum still watching us.

Thumbs up Re: Bear derby 2021!

Quote Originally Posted by nelsonob1 View Post
    ... Its a boar that was trying to get the cub and the other bear was not watching us but watching the cub in the tree. That bear is mum. Suddenly everyone is happy and after 30 mins we dragged the bear out to a road, with mum still watching us.
    Excellent outcome!
    Bet mum was right happy with your performance!
    Collect any pix??

Wondering...
    Nog
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zVNNhzkJ-UU&feature=related

Egotistical, Self Centered, Son of a Bitch Killer that Doesn't Play Well With Others.

Guess he got to Know me

Hmm Warren..
    Short pants..mosquitos dream
    CrocKS footwear
    Hardcollar..neck brace
    Yup pretty much Cariboo redneck hunters
    Pretty good impression of Kerry
    Thanks for getting out there aND for sharing Warren
    Goodluck with continued healing.
    Srupp

Madcalfe. Excellent !
    Arctic Lake
    Member of CCFR Would encourage you all to join today !
    Read Teddy Roosevelt “ The Man In The Arena “ !

Youth Entry
    Entering for my 12 year old.

Full story link
    http://www.huntingbc.ca/forum/showth...5305-Kids-Bear

Short version!
    Took my kids out bear hunting. The 12 year old wanted to find a nice bear for his first bear. We saw lots of bears and were being selective. It was a nice sunny afternoon, and when we saw his bear, we knew it was a nice one right away.
    We set up and watched it for awhile making sure it was what he wanted. Ranged at 339.
    First shot hit it perfect, it ran around 20feet and piled up on some trees and died right there, as seen in all of the photos. Never even had to move it for the pictures!
    The Kid was shooting a Browning Xbolt White Gold 223 with a Leupold MarkAR scope.

The skull is 11 3/4 long and 7 1/4 wide. So I guess 19?
    Swizzle stick is exactly 6" haha

Last edited by Drillbit; 06-05-2021 at 11:42 PM.

cont

Last edited by Drillbit; 06-05-2021 at 11:42 PM.