Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Processing Bear Meat

Re: Processing Bear Meat

I looked into that a few years back. Apparently it doesn't work. But I'm certainly willing to trade some bear for another side of bacon, so you can try it!

Re: Processing Bear Meat

Quote Originally Posted by Surrey Boy View Post
    My bears are always ground into hamburger and frozen or further processed into sausage.

It's not a premium meat that warrants special care.
    X2 i bring a small freezer with us as well as a small generator, we quarter, leave hang for the night to get rid of some moisture and then put in the freezer with spacing between quarters and keep hunting. When we get home we let it defrost a little and grind all the bears for tacos, spaghetti, burgers, chilli etc...its a fine meat but doesn't lend itself to anything but slow cook or ground because of its toughness. 2 big BC book bears and 1 small one last year gave me a 140 lbs of packaged meat.
    "Our arrows will block out the sun!" "Then we shall fight in the dark!" K.L. Government is not the solution to our problem, it is the problem. R.R. “One of the great mistakes is to judge policies and programs by their intentions rather than their results.” M.F. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UClJ...fYFveARiWyqjQA