Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Hunting Essential Status

Re: Hunting Essential Status

I emailed my local MLA this morning and I plan on calling next week to follow up.

The government is hiding behind the emergency act( or what ever their calling it) which pretty much gives them the ability to do whatever they want. It’s all bullshit. Like others said, the only way to have any chance of changing things is to get numbers and get loud.

You guys got it all wrong. I travel for medical purposes. Hunting is directly connected to my mental health. I am sure medical travel is essential.... JUst sayin....

IronNoggin posted an updated link a couple days ago. Hunting, whether for food or recreation, has just recently been re-classified as "non-essential". My earlier comments on the status were incorrect (thx again, Nog for posting that info).

I'm not saying go or no go. Just providing the update.
    Rob Chipman
    "The idea of wilderness needs no defense, it only needs defenders" - Ed Abbey
    "Grown men do not need leaders" - also Ed Abbey

Are you sure Rob?

or is it the “travel” aspect of hunting or fishing?

I understand it as you can go hunt and fish but you have to stay within your zone. They want to keep us LML'ers like me confined to this area so we're not spreading the bug to the interior or the Island. I sure hope it helps because I was planning ready to chase bears and trout in May. Sure hoping they let us out on May 25th for good behavior.

The relevant ministerial order is here:

www.bclaws.gov.bc.ca/civix/document/id/mo/mo/m0172_202

Paragraph #3 lists the essential purposes for which you may ignore the travel restrictions. Hunting/fishing is not considered essential for the purposes of the travel restrictions.

Please also note that the Hope Health Area is not considered part of Fraser Health for the purposes of the travel restrictions. It is considered part of interior health. That means people in Fraser/Coastal health cannot travel to areas like Boston bar, Nahatlatch, Skagit, etc. Here is a map of the Hope Health Area:

www2.gov.bc.ca/assets/gov/data/geographic/land-use/administrative-boundaries/health-boundaries/211_hope.pdf

Don't shoot the messenger

Bring your construction tools with you when you travel for work .. your atv is also a tool
    Member of CCFR

A foreman of mine got a paper signed by his doctor to go to his cabin for his mental health last week, he went away for the weekend and told me no sign of any police, from Langley to 100 Mile.
    I like drinking beer and whiskey, shooting guns, jetboating, love a nice rack and a tight line, I am simply a sophisticated redneck...

My son came down to the coast and back from Kelowna this weekend. No problems. He said lots of campers and trailers traveling on the roads. But nary a cop to be seen with the exception of one radar trap in their usual spot on the Coq.