Thread: New to the cariboo

New to the cariboo

Moved to Clinton last year. Bought a 14 foot aluminum and want to get my boy ( out in the local lakes soon now that the weather is improving. Was thinking an overnight at Pressy or Beaverdam. Any recommendations? Looking forward to gearing up for kokanee in deca and bridge as the summer comes on too.

2. Site Sponsor

Re: New to the cariboo

With the water so cold I would invest in a couple of survival suits. You have 6 minutes to get back in the boat in ice off lakes.
    Practice climbing in your boat, up the motor in the driveway. Have all the transport Canada safety gear for your length of boat. Have a couple of hand held flares in the pocket of your survival suit. Teach everyone who comes with you how to operate the boat, in and out of gear, stearing. Attach the kill switch tether to yourself when alone.
    The challenge of retirement is how to spend time without spending money.
    The worst day slinging lead is still better than the best day working.
    Look around is there someone you can introduce to shooting because that’s the only way we will buck the anti gun trend sweeping Canada! "tigrr 2006"

Beaver dam should be good in the spring.
    lots of brook trout in that lake and it’s nice and close for you.

My grandad had a cabin on pressy when I was a kid we always did well trolling a yellow flat fish with red spots. Caught lots of fish in the 12 to 15 inch range.
    It aint easy being green