Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: What do you do for work

Re: What do you do for work

Firefighter 4 years career now 9 all together for the city of maple ridge.

Pile driver here
    a bad day hunting is awwwwwwww who cares as long as your hunting.

Started pipelining at 17 for a few years
    then did a mix of log peeling and electrical for a few more years
    then got into Wildfires in the summer and heli-logging in the winters. Did that for a few years and loved every minute of it. Even worked at a 2 man swingsaw mill in between seasons to keep busy.
    Then I got tricked into aviation , Got my AME license and have been working on helicopters for the past decade. DOM for a small operation now and recently started getting into doing fixed wing work on the side.
    The dream is to start rebuilding supercubs or 180's ... but we will see. Aviation took a massive dump this last year. Might have to go fire that old double cut back up and cut some boards if it gets much worse

3rd generation HotShot driver.

Everything else I do = side jobs.

It would sure be nice to just punch in and out, and not have to plan ahead all the time

Red seal welder for the last 12 years, mainly oil and gas though I did a short stint in PG where we built steel tub bridges. Now I work for a company that designs and build industry leading sand filtration units.

Hoping to pivot that experience into a position off the tools soon and work towards my Blue seal and project management certifications. I also finished my basic firefighter NFPA certifications last year, so part of getting off the tools is to get out of an unhealthy trade and get back in shape so I can apply to fire depts.

Bridgeman/ Piledriver; crane operator for 36 years, now the best job ever been retire for 7 years now!!!

Rancher & Outfitter.
    Get to be outside all day and be my own boss.
    Doesn't get any better than that.

39 years structural firefighter.

Retired.
    WSSBC
    BCWF
    CCFR
    BHA

Where to start....lol
    Ive worked for building management companies( mowing lawns, maintaining buildings ) framing houses, installed residential windows/doors and auto glass, took a temp job working for public works in elkford, worked for a small saw mill, then went to trades school for welding. Worked for 2 welding shops while apprenticing and currently 16yrs into working for Teck at fording river. 16yrs more and I’ll be retired at 58

Quote Originally Posted by Weatherby Fan View Post
    Really depends on which month/year as it changes each year on a 4 year cycle, we work 20 days on 10 days off, 20 on 10 off, 20 on 30 off, 30 on 10 off and once a year we get 52 days off......and we keep no scheduled hours I can work 12 hrs today and by 3am the next morning I'm working another 12 so....in the end we work about 7 months a year.

One good thing is I can tell you what days I'm working for the rest of my life ! Don't believe everything Alex tells you !!!!
    Haha yes sir makes a little more sense..