Page 1 of 16 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: What do you do for work

Hybrid View

What do you do for work

Changing the topic a bit.
    What do you guys do for work.
    the attached series of pictures shows the highlight of my career as a construction site superintendent.
    I spent 31 months on site as structural Superintendent building Vancouver house.
    I should add that I’m a red seal carpenter, now closing in on 35 years this coming May 2021.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	F141687B-694B-48B6-AA38-7530F9D8E571.jpg 
Views:	289 
Size:	15.8 KB 
ID:	8360   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	4B0DE20C-001F-467D-8687-F2106523D8A6.jpg 
Views:	221 
Size:	19.5 KB 
ID:	8358   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	6D0398C5-9A53-42B6-B519-912505740990.jpg 
Views:	210 
Size:	12.0 KB 
ID:	8359  
    Last edited by Leveraction; 04-18-2021 at 06:03 PM.

2. Site Sponsor

Re: What do you do for work

Looks interesting, we'll see how it holds up in an earthquake.
    1. Human over population
    2. Government burden and overreach

This building is very unified in that it has a spine
    , It is vertically post tensioned to level 36 with 11 stands 3” diameter from underside of raft, 85 feet below street level to level 36.
    The structure from level 23 was built out of plumb ~ 20 mm floor over floor to the west to compensate for the weight of the superstructure growing to the east.
    It is anticipated the structure will find its equilibrium in 14-20 years
    the structure was also placed on the lot considering a detailed study of plate tectonics here on the west coast., meaning that we know which way the earth is gonna move if there is a big earthquake.
    it has a better chance of being hit by a meteor and falling over vs falling over in a seismic event .

Currently employed by WORKSAFE
    I fell at work (drywall boarder) Oct 13 and sucked it up til Dec 14...but I could not take it anymore....so now Worksafe pays me.
    Had my knee surgery March 14. I expect to be off until at least June. Tore my ACL...MCL...meniscus. The doc took out a large part and a smaller part of the meniscus but now my knee GRINDS.
    He eluded to the fact I will have my knee replaced withing 2 years...yay for me, NOT !!!
    I also have a JUNK REMOVAL business that is shut down because I cant work.
    Also entrepreneur...I am selling inflatable stand up paddle boards.
    Last edited by 300H&H; 04-15-2021 at 06:19 PM.
    if people of color do it, it's "affirmative action" "civil rights", etc, etc. If a bunch of white folks do it....its "racist" and "hate speech" quote Willyqbc

Quote Originally Posted by 300H&H View Post
    I fell at work (drywall boarder) Oct 13 and sucked it up til Dec 14...but I could not take it anymore....so now Worksafe pays me.
    Had my knee surgery March 14. I expect to be off until at least June. Tore my ACL...MCL...meniscus. The doc took out a large part and a smaller part of the meniscus but now my knee GRINDS.
    He eluded to the fact I will have my knee replaced withing 2 years...yay for me, NOT !!!
    I fixed a bunch of paddle boards at Kits, most of them are poorly made and eventually will leak at the seam.
    WLM
    I have a very strict gun control policy: if there's a gun around, I want to be in control of it. - Clint Eastwood
    "Lots of critters to still shoot. And there'll be no quitters until we bag some critters" - 180grainer
    "Politicians should wear sponsor jackets like Nascar drivers, then we know who owns them" - Robin Williams

Flush the Turd!

Located and residing on the unceded territory of European Settler's traditional land.
    Click here to learn more 🖕

Quote Originally Posted by 300H&H View Post
    How far did you fall and how?⁰

Im a plumber . Just trying to save the world one flush at a time !!!!

40 yrs on the waterfront. Longshoreman

Quote Originally Posted by vislander View Post
    40 yrs on the waterfront. Longshoreman
    I know theres a few of us 500 guys on here.

Quote Originally Posted by Leveraction View Post
    This building is very unified in that it has a spine
    , It is vertically post tensioned to level 36 with 11 stands 3” diameter from underside of raft, 85 feet below street level to level 36.
    The structure from level 23 was built out of plumb ~ 20 mm floor over floor to the west to compensate for the weight of the superstructure growing to the east.
    It is anticipated the structure will find its equilibrium in 14-20 years
    the structure was also placed on the lot considering a detailed study of plate tectonics here on the west coast., meaning that we know which way the earth is gonna move if there is a big earthquake.
    it has a better chance of being hit by a meteor and falling over vs falling over in a seismic event .

Hell ya who was structural engineer and who did the concrete testing great job man!!!

How many floors where finished before you poured the roof?? How long did it take for the top slab pour did you use a cycling pump or did you crane the mud.?

Pretty cool man... did any one drop anything big?

You shoud be proud.

Who supplied the mud down there and whats the price per m3 ,in van these days...on rainy days did you just pour and grind after or did you flood with agilia after...

Something of that volume i would have bought the steel from china and a bender and highered the sub install crews direct..and paid heavy... i mean if i was in that buisness.