Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: What do you do for work

Re: What do you do for work

First time I saw that building on a Vancouver visit I got a bit dizzy and wondered who the hell was responsible for it. Now we know.
    Knowledgeable shooters agree- The 375 Ruger is the NEW KING of all 375 caliber cartridges. ALL HAIL THE NEW KING!

Private Investigator, part time for the last 6 years since retiring at 55.

Retired Millwright.

Retired Shrink, Retired VP IS BD guy, now REALTORŪ I liked retiring both times first time for a year then for almost ten years before I got so bored I ended up on HBC all the time... had to do something!! LOL
    "When you judge another you don't define them, you define yourself."

Cool Re: What do you do for work

First trade as an electrician, in 1979 I got hired by McDonnell Douglas Aircraft building DC-9 and DC-10 airplanes.
    Rally driving for a bunch of years in the 80s.
    Then moved to Vancouver worked at Canadian Aircraft Products, Helicopter Welders, Canadian Helicopters in repair and
    maintenance, a few more smaller helicopter operations, when after getting out of the aircraft business I got hired at a car
    restoration shop as a mechanic, besides some interesting projects, I was responsible keeping the boss's rally car running.
    The last 7 years working as the Service Manager at Kits Inflatables in Vancouver.
    Now happily retired in the Cariboo
    Last edited by wildcatter; 04-15-2021 at 08:29 PM.
    WLM
    I have a very strict gun control policy: if there's a gun around, I want to be in control of it. - Clint Eastwood
    "Lots of critters to still shoot. And there'll be no quitters until we bag some critters" - 180grainer
    "Politicians should wear sponsor jackets like Nascar drivers, then we know who owns them" - Robin Williams

Flush the Turd!

Located and residing on the unceded territory of European Settler's traditional land.
    Click here to learn more 🖕

Still working a bit but mostly retired. Logger, framing, fuel delivery driver, commercial fisherman and tow boat captain at the end. Over 45 years up and down the coast. Loved every minute of it, even the shitty weather.

Red Seal Electrician turn Project Manager wishing I chased my dream of being a Firefighter when I was in my early 20's.
    WSSBC
    CCFR

35 year paramedic BC ambulance. The last 22 yrs Critical care medi-vac. Retired now and best job ever

Currently employed by WORKSAFE
    I fell at work (drywall boarder) Oct 13 and sucked it up til Dec 14...but I could not take it anymore....so now Worksafe pays me.
    Had my knee surgery March 14. I expect to be off until at least June. Tore my ACL...MCL...meniscus. The doc took out a large part and a smaller part of the meniscus but now my knee GRINDS.
    He eluded to the fact I will have my knee replaced withing 2 years...yay for me, NOT !!!
    I also have a JUNK REMOVAL business that is shut down because I cant work.
    Also entrepreneur...I am selling inflatable stand up paddle boards.
    Last edited by 300H&H; 04-15-2021 at 06:19 PM.
    if people of color do it, it's "affirmative action" "civil rights", etc, etc. If a bunch of white folks do it....its "racist" and "hate speech" quote Willyqbc

When I grow up I want to be a banker
    1. Human over population
    2. Government burden and overreach