Page 8 of 16 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: What do you do for work

Re: What do you do for work

Quote Originally Posted by Leveraction View Post
    what we waiting for ??
    Waiting for people to realize how bad of an idea that whole wexit notion is and drop it.

Been a forestry tech, farmer, truck driver. Now the wife and I look after campgrounds. Done a few years in bc parks but have been looking after a campground in the Alberta Rockies for the last three years. Take the winters off.
    can you skin gizz ?

I've worked as a ski instructor, bouncer, and carpenter, but that was all to pay for school. For the last 13 years I've been a faculty member at a community college.
    A conservationist is an environmentalist with a gun.

Retired firefighter, 30 years service, last five as a Capt. Retired at 50 with a full pension. Manicured acre, garden and a 1200 square foot shop keep me busy now. Winter it’s full on hunting with the Moose is Loose Lodge.��

Over 30 years in heavy industry now. Started as a 4th then got my 3rd class certificate of competency as a Power Engineer. From there I moved into Machining and Millwrighting for 15 years with Red Seals in both. The last 10 years or so I’ve held various management roles for the same Oilsands company in NE Alberta. Like SS, the light at the end of the tunnel is getting brighter but I’m not quite there yet.

I’m wishing I would’ve taken more pics when I was younger. I don’t think any of these are mine, but I was definitely around for them. Probably the only day it wasn’t raining. Lol

and that’s not me in the second pic.
    If you don't read the newspaper, you're uninformed. If you read the newspaper, you're mis-informed.

BC Land Surveyor

Used to work in visual effects, many bad and a few good shows/movies have my hands all over them. Highlight was working on District 9. Then a stay at home dad raising my kids, definitely more rewarding work. Now I am starting a small business making electric guitars and basses.

Quote Originally Posted by Bustercluck View Post
    I’m wishing I would’ve taken more pics when I was younger. I don’t think any of these are mine, but I was definitely around for them. Probably the only day it wasn’t raining. Lol

and that’s not me in the second pic.
    Must be younger than me. Was a 2 side camp where i started Skagit tower on one side and Madill on the other. Engineer, loader operator, chaser, hook tender, rigging slinger and a couple of choker men. Sure different now.

Quote Originally Posted by TreeStandMan View Post
    I've worked as a ski instructor, bouncer, and carpenter, but that was all to pay for school. For the last 13 years I've been a faculty member at a community college.
    If teaching Drama is part your curriculum at College, I hate to break it to you,
    but you missed out on a great gig running the country, good salary, phenomenal benefits!