Page 9 of 16 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: What do you do for work

Re: What do you do for work

Quote Originally Posted by Keta1969 View Post
    Must be younger than me. Was a 2 side camp where i started Skagit tower on one side and Madill on the other. Engineer, loader operator, chaser, hook tender, rigging slinger and a couple of choker men. Sure different now.
    You must be retired by now. I’m sure the O44 madill has been around since the 80s. Where I started out we had a madill steel spar I think it was a 009, 2 044 swing yarders, 1 144 interlock and an 046 long line for yarding. We’d run the madill tower in the winter and the 046 long line all summer. The long line seemed like it stayed in the same spot for a couple years without moving up on top of some mountain somewhere.

For loaders we had an 075 madill snorkel and a bunch of juice machines. We had a contractor who showed up with an old tl-6 now and again.

And no highway trucks. All of the hauling was done by old 849 and 850 kenworths. I think most of the fat trucks are gone, if not all of them.

I have some pics of my brothers truck down a bank upside down with a load of logs sprawled out all over the place. I’ll see if he doesn’t mind me posting them.
    If you don't read the newspaper, you're uninformed. If you read the newspaper, you're mis-informed.

Im a plumber . Just trying to save the world one flush at a time !!!!

40 yrs on the waterfront. Longshoreman

I make paths for electrons to bump along..I do it with less resistance and higher frequency lol
    "Our arrows will block out the sun!" "Then we shall fight in the dark!" K.L. Government is not the solution to our problem, it is the problem. R.R. “One of the great mistakes is to judge policies and programs by their intentions rather than their results.” M.F. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UClJ...fYFveARiWyqjQA

47 years automotive business Owned my own parts and service stores then did road sales for truck parts and hot rod parts all over the whole of BC then went to manage a Chev GMC dealership for years then moved to a Fargo -Jeep dealership then to a Ford - Mercury dealership where I am still at . I have only worked part time for the last 4 years and I am retiring this year ! RJ

Federal law enforcement and part-time taxidermy. Hopefully a good transition at retirement time to taking on some more taxidermy

Quote Originally Posted by vislander View Post
    40 yrs on the waterfront. Longshoreman
    I know theres a few of us 500 guys on here.

Full time fishing guide, ice fishing and fly fishing, part time chainsaw jockey. Applying for a career job as a fire fighter. Lots of time before I get to retire but really enjoy my 3 months vacation every year.

Used to be a cabinet maker for about 10 years, now I'm a helicopter mechanic going on almost 10 years. Time flies...

32 years as a heavy duty parts man. Now retired and loving it