Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: What do you do for work

Re: What do you do for work

It pretty interesting the work histories as well as what they do, Some of you are proper BC Rangatangs. Do remember the cartoons? I loved the Rivtow Straits calendars.

Quote Originally Posted by ElectricDyck View Post
    I make paths for electrons to bump along..I do it with less resistance and higher frequency lol
    coul...omb
    Finland is a neutral country - but the guns point to the east.

Retired Air Force tech. Instrument Electrical, trade no longer exists. Lots of travel, especially Europe during the Cold War years and some other interesting spots few folks get to go.

"The Wall" a few years before it came down...

Some great back seat rides in T-33 jets on an earlier posting to Germany.

A little trip up North out of Namao with 408 Sqn.

Playing with the Army, airfield 1 Wainwright, also while at 408 Sqn Namao

Somewhat nicer trip again from Namao to Nakusp so our pilots could practice mountain flying.

Pretty good gig overall, but nice to be rooted now, not having to move every 4-5 years.

Social media influencer/success coach

Haney,BC and anywhere you can hunt in BC out of the rain !

Quote Originally Posted by walks with deer View Post
    Yes but how many days a month does a pilot have to work good sir???
    Really depends on which month/year as it changes each year on a 4 year cycle, we work 20 days on 10 days off, 20 on 10 off, 20 on 30 off, 30 on 10 off and once a year we get 52 days off......and we keep no scheduled hours I can work 12 hrs today and by 3am the next morning I'm working another 12 so....in the end we work about 7 months a year.

One good thing is I can tell you what days I'm working for the rest of my life ! Don't believe everything Alex tells you !!!!
    Last edited by Weatherby Fan; 04-17-2021 at 12:23 PM.
    7mm PRC soon to be the most popular cartridge in North America

I'm a machinist, started in a shop in Langley in 1993 after moving down here from Valemount as a 19 year old looking for work. Ran turret lathes in the first place I worked, then was hired at a bigger shop because of my experience on those old machines as they were a dying breed by then. Moved onto working on manual milling machines and regular engine lathes and eventually onto CNC stuff thru my time at that shop. Couple stops at other shops since then and still doing it. Been at my current shop for almost 17 years, now programming and running 2 medium sized lathes with 21" chucks and a smaller machine with a 12" chuck as well as a CNC mill. I've made parts for the space station, Boeing aircraft, Kenworth, BC Transit, and a multitude of other areas in forestry, oil and gas, medical, mining etc over the years

Random jobs through highschool and after. Then was with a hunting/fishing wholesaler for 7 years, then parts guy with Polaris for a few years, then sales with the local radio station for 2 years and now have a marketing desk waiting under the stairs at Spectra for me when I heal up.

Brick laying/commercial landscaping through university to pay the bills, then got a job as a bank teller, lucked my way into a back office job in banking administration for a private investment management company after that and made the jump to investment management (buy side) 5 years ago.

Very cool mike31154! Those are some great pics!

Quote Originally Posted by Harv View Post
    Faller here
    My welding job watched those trees get feed through a chop saw and then a chipper to latter become pulp. 30 years in pulp mill construction. Then became a teacher.
    The challenge of retirement is how to spend time without spending money.
    The worst day slinging lead is still better than the best day working.
    Look around is there someone you can introduce to shooting because that’s the only way we will buck the anti gun trend sweeping Canada! "tigrr 2006"