Hey everyone

So following the loss of our dog to cancer in February, the wife and I have started to think hard about getting in line for a new pup. We are seriously considering a Drahthaar and are hoping that there is somebody around the mid island area that we could meet and ask some questions. My wife would love to actually meet an example of the breed and we would both like to talk about the training / testing / support network out there.

I guess the crux of it is, we are really close to making this call but want to be sure we are up to the challenge and commitment of training, etc.

Other things on the mind
- My wife is a trail runner and is hopeful that whatever breed we choose will be able to accompany her on those runs
- I am in a wheelchair so that will be a part of training and life (I don't think that will be an issue but...)
- we have two older dogs in the house but I am assuming the usual puppy vs older dog stuff and nothing more to worry about

Ok - if you are somewhere on the island and up to help us make an informed call. Let me know
Thanks
Ben