Thread: Ladner clean up this Saturday April 17 9am-noon

Ladner clean up this Saturday April 17 9am-noon

If anyone can spare a morning, at least two groups will be tackling a marsh clean up this Saturday, April 17 at Brunswick Pt in Ladner.

If you hunted here this year this is a good idea to help keep the area pristine and to show that you care about keeping it that way. Among the regular ocean trash there is always discarded hulls and other hunting-related trash that makes hunters look bad when others pick it up.

Because of COVID each group taking part will have to be 10 people or less so that we can stay under approved gathering numbers.

When: 9am Saturday April 17
    Where: Meet at Wellington Point Park to discuss the plan, safety, then separate into groups and spread out among the point.
    What: Drag out garbage for hauling back to the dump in the afternoon
    How: Bring grubby clothes, boots, bug spray, gloves, bags, sleds, carts, whatever will help you pick up and carry junk and deposit it at the end of River Rd.

We have a small budget to cover dump fees and garbage bags.

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Ladner clean up this Saturday April 17 9am-noon

Handful of us spent the morning going through a large part of the Pt. We hauled out 386 lbs of trash, enough to fill up my buddy's truck. Two tires, loads of styrofoam, yes dozens of shotgun hulls, the usual stuff you would expect like plastic bottles. aluminum cans and bits of plastic. Stuff we had to leave, pieces of warf, what looked like the whole side of someone's shack that I'm sure some hunters will make use of as a platform or blind when they find it in fall. Not as much trash as I expected so it's a good sign. Of course we are only seeing what floated inshore.

Excellent! Good on you for going above and beyond, and thank you.

Excellent work! Thank you.

Nice job guys! Wish I had seen this sooner!

My wife and I did a spring clean up at 112th St last spring. Going to head back there again soon for this year’s mess. The shells and hulls are a part of it that might not get picked up since they eject into tall grass, but the boxes?? Come on people!

Last edited by Redthies; 05-03-2021 at 07:32 AM.
    If we’re not supposed to eat animals, how come they’re made out of meat?

BHA, BCWF, CCFR, PETA, Lever Action Addict.

Good Job you Guys ! Nice to see some people CARE ! RJ