Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Time to hype up some bear hunters..

Re: Time to hype up some bear hunters..

Quote Originally Posted by NorthEnd View Post
    DAMN! that first bear looks like a TANK
    biggest black bear I’ve came across, he was the dominant boar in the area as told by all his scars.. easily 25% bigger than the other large bears in the area.. hell, I haven’t laid eyes on one the same size since.. hopefully this year will change that ! He came in hungry and snuck up on me.

Quote Originally Posted by andrew5 View Post
    Nice! How far up the hills has green up gone? Are they still down pretty low or are they moving up on the plateau now too?
    I am at about 1400ft above the valley floor and it's getting really green here. I haven't gone any higher but it should be getting very green up top also.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaws View Post
    Started and ended my spring bear hunt in five minutes yesterday.

Parked my truck and started to hike up to my desired location when someone collecting firewood passed in his truck. "Are you out for spring bear? Well there is one just up that road." I headed off in that direction and was totally surprised (the bear was too) when he popped out 10 yards from me. Game over.

Glad there is meat in the freezer but sad that my spring hunting season ended so quickly. Guess it means more time to look for morels.
    That was my Whitetail season last fall. About half an hour into a hike on Oct 10th I spotted a good 4x4 in the timber. He didn’t even know I was there. I hated the idea of ending the season so quickly but my rule is to never pass up a buck that I’d be happy tagging the last day. Beautiful conditions with 4” of fresh snow on the ground so I took him. As long as they have a bit of size to them then the meat hunter in me usually wins out and up where I’m at decent bucks are few and far between.

Prizes updated, get over to the bear derby ! Season is half over almost !

They are out in the Cariboo. Seen a sow with 4 cubs and a big boar on the side of the road yesterday morning early. Lot of scat on the back roads. Go reduce the moose calf eaters. Shoot a wolf too if you see one.
    The challenge of retirement is how to spend time without spending money.
    The worst day slinging lead is still better than the best day working.
    Look around is there someone you can introduce to shooting because that’s the only way we will buck the anti gun trend sweeping Canada! "tigrr 2006"

Ditto for zone 3 and 8, I’ve been on 3 hunts so far, about 20 hours total and I’ve spotted 13 bears so far!
    I’ve found all mine by going up to the snow line and working my way down to them, honestly they don’t seem to be nearly as low as years past at this time.