Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Skagit/Ross lake

Re: Skagit/Ross lake

I was there yesterday.... The security guard(!) posted to block the road said they should be finished by Tuesday. Insane amount of traffic nevertheless. Lots of people in permanent camps along the road. Shooting happening everywhere. I have to admite: Some shady looking characters and generally very unhappy looking people on the road. Oh, and two Teslas

Road was clear, though until the stop. Drove a few side roads and hit snow about a hundred vertical meters up.

Lots of people calling home there, see people making camps all over Hope, turning into a real shit hole.
    I like drinking beer and whiskey, shooting guns, jetboating, love a nice rack and a tight line, I am simply a sophisticated redneck...

Disgusting how these camps are allowed to happen. Same thing up Chilliwack lake road. Just a huge mess all over and a piece of S*** RV parked in the middle.

Actually there's only two small homeless/tweaker/squatter camps or whatever you call it any more both near the pavement. But they add enough ambiance to pretty much ruin the whole area IMO. Yes people deserve a place to live but why they are allowed to bring in loads of junk and scatter it two feet thick all around them in a previously pristine area never to be cleaned up is beyond me.

ps Do Not Buy Firewood from them it just enables them and adds to their personal clear cut. Tell all your friends.

pps By small I mean that there's a couple living at one camp and one guy at the other. Although the other has quite a bit of coming and going of shit rats unloading more junk. Pretty sure the guy is a fence for stolen goods which he promptly takes apart to "fix" letting oil leak all over right beside a creek.
    Last edited by Salty; 04-13-2021 at 10:05 AM.
    its gonna take a life time to hunt and fish all this

Same with the camp at Island 22 ....

The one along hwy one by Flood is sure an eye sore. I have not been up the coq in years but I bet there is a few up by Othello exit and Caroline mines area. Wouldn't mind then homeless camps if they weren't such an eye sore with their junk and trash. We even have a couple up here in Ashcroft area in the spring and summer.
    can you skin gizz ?

ive reported these camps many times....they wont touch them due to covid

I'm so glad I enjoyed the area over 30 years ago when it was quieter.

Is the road open to the end where lake is yet?
    majorguns

I drove up there April 19th and the road was clear the entire way down until the Ross Lake gate which was closed due to the workers cleaning up the camp grounds. Mind you I think this was before the restrictions were in place. So I walked through the gate and about 2km later I was standing in the middle of the lake since it had dried up. Pretty amazing view out there and I was the only person. I was tempted to cross the border but turned around and went back.