Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Goose poop in fields 'impossible to avoid' says Richmond soccer club

Re: Goose poop in fields 'impossible to avoid' says Richmond soccer club

I went out to Boundry Bay for my first day of ducks yesterday. Hole Lee Crap! The fields around the Serpentine were COVERED in snows. Almost every field I drove past on the way around the bay from Whiterock to Ladner we’re full of snow geese. I’ve never seen them that far east in numbers like this. And at the spot I hunt from shore I also have never seen more than a couple of strays, but I actually unloaded my duck loads in favour of BBs there were so many flying over. (I can hear a flock as I type this flying over my house). I’m going back to the same spot today and will see how the numbers are.
    If we’re not supposed to eat animals, how come they’re made out of meat?

BHA, BCWF, CCFR, PETA, Lever Action Addict.

Yes it is an amazing sight actually. I need to improve my decoy or hide game though as yesterday was only able to pot one (my group eventually got seven)

Otter Point (Southern Vancouver Island) MU1-2&3

The old guy up the valley, has a hay field, hates he geese even looking at it, so any time he sees a goose or geese, he just shoots a 22 blank in their direction, they leave, and they remember that field is not safe.
    if he didn’t do that the field would be littered with geese all the time.
    many years ago he suffered from a heart attack, slowed him down quite a bit back then, he was not able to defend his field so well then, and it was full of geese for a few years, but he got better and back to scaring them off, and in about a year there were hardly any geese willing to return to that field. They remember this sort of thing.

Quote Originally Posted by silveragent View Post
    Yes it is an amazing sight actually. I need to improve my decoy or hide game though as yesterday was only able to pot one (my group eventually got seven)
    We got a snow and cackling over our mallard decoys yesterday. The geese are all over the place this year. Makes for an interesting day!

I'd never noticed cacklers until this season actually. I see them really high flyers compared to the Canadas. Pretty interesting! Maybe it's because I spent 90 per cent of my time in Brunswick but this year started in Boundary and I may stay there for the season.

Quote Originally Posted by silveragent View Post
    I'd never noticed cacklers until this season actually. I see them really high flyers compared to the Canadas. Pretty interesting! Maybe it's because I spent 90 per cent of my time in Brunswick but this year started in Boundary and I may stay there for the season.
    If you want to meet up for a hunt, just send me a message. I own my own business so I can take pretty much any day I want for a “mental health” day, or an afternoon is fine too if that works better.

Yea I'll try anything. Lots of time for trying new things this season. I'll shoot you a PM