Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Goose poop in fields 'impossible to avoid' says Richmond soccer club

Re: Goose poop in fields 'impossible to avoid' says Richmond soccer club

It's a LML - NDP problem so i don't GIVE a shit about a solution ! RJ

I’m loving to hear this, 35 years ago a bunch of us goose hunters attended many Richmond council meetings trying to sway them from banning hunting on Sturgeon Banks and the Terra Nova foreshore! The group that was pushing the closure was a bunch of leaflickers that belonged to a group called Lifeforce led by an anemic little prick by the name of Peter Hamilton! Council was warned about what this closure could mean to the city of Richmond but they would have none of it, I’d love to see the cost to repair play fields and school grounds now, they’re a muddy mess by the end of October! Love it!! K

Quote Originally Posted by REMINGTON JIM View Post
    It's a LML - NDP problem so i don't GIVE a shit about a solution ! RJ
    Exactly.

Coyotes biting a few people in Stanley Park? Snow geese shitting on a soccer field in Richmond? Those are "issues"?? You "experts" can't figure that stuff out???

F**k off.

Damn I'm getting a little bitter in my old age...

Quote Originally Posted by scoutlt1 View Post
    Exactly.

Coyotes biting a few people in Stanley Park? Snow geese shitting on a soccer field in Richmond? Those are "issues"?? You "experts" can't figure that stuff out???
    F**k off.

Excellent ! RJ

Damn I'm getting a little bitter in my old age...
    I've Being BITTER for a While Now ! RJ
    Last edited by REMINGTON JIM; 04-12-2021 at 06:47 PM.

Soccer and goose shit is one thing, rugby and goose shit is way more consequential.

The Richmond drum-circle gang who opted for banning hunting are probably also the same people complaining about the state of their playing fields and that fact that their kid comes home from soccer practice with giardia. Council will go around in circles trying to figure this out, just as they do on the island wondering how to deal with an exploding urban deer problem. At least resident Canadas can have their eggs destroyed; snow geese not so much. I am waiting for someone to propose neutering (or have they already?)

I grew up along the dykes in Richmond. I remember the days when hunters packed the shoreline to hunt the snow geese. Then the City of Richmond banned hunting the shoreline... it's their own damn fault. The goose $hit in the parks is disgusting... don't take your kids to the adventure park during the migratory season, unless you like your kids being covered in goose poop.

Quote Originally Posted by Beachcomber View Post
    Council will go around in circles trying to figure this out, just as they do on the island wondering how to deal with an exploding urban deer problem.
    Seems like nature is taking care of the Gulf and Van Island deer populations on its own. Maybe the same thing will happen in Richmond, but it would be better if it weren’t the geese that were “taken care of”.
    If we’re not supposed to eat animals, how come they’re made out of meat?

BHA, BCWF, CCFR, PETA, Lever Action Addict.

We have the same issue with geese on our local school grounds and sports fields. I was at a meeting a couple years back where the CO's attended and stated to municipal council members the regional bio wanted hunters to target these geese in local farm fields and saltwater marshes. Made little difference as the local council left a large portion of these area withing the bylaw no shooting area.

So I'm in the "who cares" camp. The province should stay out of it and let the geese be a nuisance for local municipalities that don't want to use regulated hunting on an exploding wildlife population as a management tool. Ironic thing is, I've talked with folks that don't want to see these poor geese being hunted yet they are same ones that have no issue dropping a live crab or lobster from superstore a pot of boiling water.
    Last edited by Ron.C; 10-16-2021 at 09:31 AM.

Vernon City Council finally decided to approve a cull after years of egg addling failed to reduce the resident Canada Goose population crapping all over beaches. Was supposed to happen this year, but a federal permit delay nixed it. Hopefully next time around the permits will be in place. Either way it is refreshing to finally see politicians grow some. There was opposition of course, but this time it fell on deaf ears.

https://globalnews.ca/news/7948142/v...mitting-delay/

There's a video at the bottom of the link above. A woman in Kelowna was 'extremely traumatized' by a legal goose kill on private property. This is today's society. As long as it's packaged nice & purty at the meat counter in the grocery store it's ok. Never mind how it gets there from the slaughterhouse. These poor outraged ladies have no clue on the difference in firearms (shotgun vs rifle) & the associated laws re discharging them.

https://www.castanet.net/news/West-K...nd-decapitated
    Last edited by mike31154; 10-16-2021 at 07:28 PM.

Years ago we hunted the blind bay area until the leaf lickers had it cancelled. 2 years later they went back to the gov to bring back the hunt.no go now the numbers have tripled and they don't leave in the winter. they have tried everything to deture the pest electric fence air cannons the docks and beaches are goose sh$t soup and they draw there drinking water from the bay .Reap what you sow