Quote Originally Posted by Hugh Mann View Post
Definitely light on the details.

My opinion on the subject is likely somewhat controversial. When hunting in a group with friends, what does it matter who shoots the animal as long as a valid tag is present? Far as I am concerned, that tag is a death warrant for one animal, so it shouldn't matter who drops it, as long as it can be properly tagged?

I'm not talking about shooting a moose and calling Jimmy to come in from his lazy boy in town to tag it, but if he's 30 feet away, doesn't have a clean shot and moving would spook the animal, or hell, even if he's in the next valley over and you have a method of communication. Sure, there's a danger of Jimmy also having shot something, but it's no different than a group or shared LEH with more people than tags.

Still, seeing as it is currently illegal, I'm also glad to see actual punishments being given for poaching, not just a slap on the wrist and a wave goodbye.

That tag is not a death warrant for an animal. It allows a person to legally hunt ,it is no guarantee of an animal. Many tags go unfilled.