Thread: This guy survives a grizzly attack, 2 times same bear.

This guy survives a grizzly attack, 2 times same bear.

survivor of grizzly attack, 2 times by the same bear.

amazing he did not go into shock

https://youtu.be/SOQAhKrOOww

2. Site Sponsor

Re: This guy survives a grizzly attack, 2 times same bear.

Hey, you’re not the regular guy posting stories of grizzly attacks.

Yikes ! He even thought of others after what happened to him ! Solid individual !
    Arctic Lake
    Member of CCFR Would encourage you all to join today !
    Read Teddy Roosevelt “ The Man In The Arena “ !

hats off to that dude!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by tuner View Post
    Hey, you’re not the regular guy posting stories of grizzly attacks.
    You beat me to it! Mpotzold is going to tell you to stay in your lane! Lol

Story was covered in detail in 2016 –nevertheless it’s a good reminder “do not count on bear spray” if charged by a determined grizz.

Todd Orr, Double Bear Attack Survivor in 2016- Interviewed in 2018
    https://www.ammoland.com/2018/02/dou...#axzz6r8hU41hd

Story continued (from article above) – Alaskan hunter charged 2x by grizz, 24 years apart, saved by a .338 Win Mag & later by a Glock model 20 10 mm pistol
    http://gunwatch.blogspot.com/2016/08...r-defense.html

Story by Todd –more detailed in 2019-This is his story
    A Bad Day in Bear Country | Outside Bozeman
    “People never lie so much as after a hunt, during a war or before an election.” -Otto von Bismarck
    Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.-Albert Einstein

​^^ You seem to have an obsession with bear attacks. Any particular reason? ^^

Quote Originally Posted by ACE View Post
    Counting dropped toothpicks laying the floor was already taken.

Mpotzold...aka, Bearman...

Ahhhh....3 bears...Me count 3 bears...ahhh...
    Last edited by fuzzybiscuit; 04-06-2021 at 04:58 AM.

I think it's great advice about not laying flat and to curl up into a ball. I had a buddy get rolled over a couple times by a younger bear in lost dog canyon near Kimberly years ago, He was real lucky only coming out with some scratches on his arms.
    I feel more like i do now than i did before i got here

Quote Originally Posted by ACE View Post
    Came to BC right after finishing high school in Ontario(1965) & never looked back. Immediately started working as a surveyor in the northern BC wilderness followed by months surveying in the remote Yukon wilderness living in tents.

Always carried a mag. revolver for bear protection those days.
    Used to practice with it regularly hitting quickly plate size targets at various distances.

Saw countless number of bears, mostly black but never had a problem until we were charged by a large grizz in July 2007 by Gaspard Creek while getting ready to fish.
    I let my guard down by leaving my 375 H&H hanging on the camper jack over 100 ft. away.
    We made plenty of loud noises setting the campsite but that didn’t deter the grizz from approach.
    Getting up quickly, waving our arms wildly & yelling at the top of our lungs is what saved us. The grizz changed his mind only feet away. When running from about 40 yards his huge head was way down & we could feel him running.
    Reported the encounter in detail to Gary Shelton ASAP & his conclusion was that it was a predatory bear.

More encounters-here's a few
    One of the surveyors that worked for the same company in the 60’s was charged by a grizz near Hudson Hope while taking a drink from a mountain stream- killed it with a 44 mag. revolver. He was untouched.

LT (LOVER308 ) & I, hunting partners since ’67 had more than a few bear encounters but were never charged. Remember meeting a large grizz by a freshly killed moose near Germanson Lake- The grizz quickly ran away from us. We were headed to a cabin not that far away. At night we placed a string with empty cans with rocks inside before the doorway but we never saw/heard the bear again.

Over the years while hunting had more than a few encounters with bears, both black & grizz –some ran away quickly & some just stood & watched & trying to decide what to do but they slowly retreated.

I find bears as truly fascinating & highly intelligent animals that can be extremely dangerous under certain circumstances.
    One must be prepared for the worst when in bear country.

A properly loaded rifle/shotgun/revolver is a good option if allowed to carry in the woods. Being proficient with it is important.
    And forget about bear spray as a substitute for a gun.

If that is all you’re allowed to carry then it’s better than nothing.
    “People never lie so much as after a hunt, during a war or before an election.” -Otto von Bismarck
    Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.-Albert Einstein