Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Taiwanese beef noodle soup, made with venison shank!

Re: Taiwanese beef noodle soup, made with venison shank!

Hi Brew,
    Thanks for watching! I had hoped for a good response here, and this has been awesome, we will certainly follow up with more in future.
    The knife in the video is a Shun Classic 6.5" Nakiri knife. Its easy to handle and holds an edge very well.

Hawk,
    Thanks for watching! We're having a lot of fun turning out these food videos, and positive feedback sure helps it feel worthwhile!

IronNoggin,
    If your whirling goes well, post up pics of how it turns out! I'd like to include some shots of the game in the field for the next video.

Thanks for answering my question about the knife. Looking forward to seeing some more content from you in the future
    WSSBC Life Member
    WSSBC Monarch Member
    CCFR Member

I gave the Jimmiy the Deer shank from a Mule deer got in central BC last year. Tried the recipe myself on sunday and it turned out amazing. realized after that I had given him my last deer shank so used some boned out Stone sheep shank and it was great a real hit with everyone. Just passed on two tongues and a goat liver to Jimmy also looking forward to see what he comes up with for those. They are doing a nose to tail approach with their channel so looking forward to some new recipes.

Drooling and drowning the keyboard, thanks for the share.
    Finland is a neutral country - but the guns point to the east.

Quote Originally Posted by jimmythechiz View Post
    Hi Brew,
    Thanks for watching! I had hoped for a good response here, and this has been awesome, we will certainly follow up with more in future.
    The knife in the video is a Shun Classic 6.5" Nakiri knife. Its easy to handle and holds an edge very well.
    Shun is a good knife, but there are better ones.
    I own a half a dozen (Masakage, Mizuno, Sakai Takayuki) and they are not cheap.
    Here is a good shop in Vancouver https://knifewear.com/pages/vancouver
    There is one in Calgary, Ottawa and I think in Toronto.
    WLM
    I have a very strict gun control policy: if there's a gun around, I want to be in control of it. - Clint Eastwood
    "Lots of critters to still shoot. And there'll be no quitters until we bag some critters" - 180grainer
    "Politicians should wear sponsor jackets like Nascar drivers, then we know who owns them" - Robin Williams

Flush the Turd!

Located and residing on the unceded territory of European Settler's traditional land.
    Click here to learn more 🖕

Thanks wildcatter, I will have a look
    WSSBC Life Member
    WSSBC Monarch Member
    CCFR Member

Quote Originally Posted by Brew View Post
    Thanks wildcatter, I will have a look

Sometime they have a garage sale and some good deals, so inquire about that.
    I paid about a thousand dollars for the knives I have, but they will last a lifetime.
    However there are some knives that cost over a grand just for one.
    WLM
    I have a very strict gun control policy: if there's a gun around, I want to be in control of it. - Clint Eastwood
    "Lots of critters to still shoot. And there'll be no quitters until we bag some critters" - 180grainer
    "Politicians should wear sponsor jackets like Nascar drivers, then we know who owns them" - Robin Williams

Flush the Turd!

Located and residing on the unceded territory of European Settler's traditional land.
    Click here to learn more 🖕

Knifewear is an amazing shop. My girlfriend LOVES that place and has spent maybe $1000 or more there.