Thread: Alpine black bears

Alpine black bears

Hey just looking for opinions or experiences, when do people start seeing bears in the alpine? Is the end of june too early for alpine bears?

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Alpine black bears

id imagine it all depends on the snowpack and weather for the year. but end of June id imagine a lot of snow should be gone and everything should be getting really green

My buddies and I have a spot we go for bears that's at about 5000-5800 ft ASL. Over many years it's been well established there's no use hunting bears there until June. Even in June it's often just starting to hold bears. This is in the Clinton area.
    So I guess it will really depend on the area but if you're very much higher than that I'd say it will be pretty slim pickings, even in June.

I have seen them above treeline the end of may. They like the slides like the grizz

Yah i have wasted a lot of time looking in may for them up high with no luck, but with some zones being open till the end of june now has me wondering. Guess Ill just have to go and check for myself! Driving roads gets boring in the spring!

Haney,BC and anywhere you can hunt in BC out of the rain !

Quote Originally Posted by SR80 View Post
    Yah i have wasted a lot of time looking in may for them up high with no luck, but with some zones being open till the end of june now has me wondering. Guess Ill just have to go and check for myself! Driving roads gets boring in the spring!
    Hunting/Scouting the Alpine in June is never wasted time, if no bears you never know when you’ll see a great deer area......
    7mm PRC soon to be the most popular cartridge in North America