Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Small Jon Boat - where to buy in LML

Re: Small Jon Boat - where to buy in LML

My buddy just picked his brand new one up this weekend that's a 10ft long. I think he paid less than 2k at Quantum Boat in chilliwack.
    Last edited by walker1985; 03-29-2021 at 12:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Would Rather Be Fishing View Post
    Actually, I am looking for something more narrow and compact. Saw an awesome one this last weekend. Skinny, very maneuverable...
    Stay away from narrow, as mentioned above. They are tippy and it can be stressful in any chop. I was at Dominics Marine in Kamloops and they are almost sold out of 10 and 12 jons. They said they are not getting anymore either. Crazy times in the fishing boating industry.

Like posted above, narrow boats aren’t a safe/relaxing place to be in calm water, now add shitty weather to the equation and the fun goes away quickly. A buddy had a 1236 and I was in it once; that was the one and only time.
    If you can pack it in, You can pack it out !!!

UNITED WE STAND, DIVIDED WE FALL !!!

BCWF
    WSSBC
    CCFR
    " The secret of change is to focus all your energy, not on fighting the old, but building on the new"
    Socrates.

Skinny Jon boats are tippy. Initial stability is ok but if you roll them up past the chine you’re going balls to the breeze. Square stern canoes are more stable than the narrow Jons in my opinion, they roll to a point but are more predictable on their side.

The Marlon Jon boats are probly the best value for a new boat. Very wide & stable but still lightweight.

Quote Originally Posted by Ride Red View Post
    Like posted above, narrow boats aren’t a safe/relaxing place to be in calm water, now add shitty weather to the equation and the fun goes away quickly. A buddy had a 1236 and I was in it once; that was the one and only time.
    I’ve been there too. Scariest boating ever.

Quote Originally Posted by Would Rather Be Fishing View Post
    I am in the market for a compact (approx 12ft) Jon boat. Are there any market places other than the "usual suspects" (CL and FB Market Place) for used boats in the LML anyone can recommend?
    I've had (and enjoyed), my 10 foot Jon Boat for years. Haven't used it for quite a while though. Tippy yes, a bit scary when the wind picks up, and now that I have a dog that will likely grow to over 100lbs and loves to be on the water, I will probably stick with my small inflatable and 20' Bayliner.
    Still on the fence if I want to sell the Jon Boat though....lots of memories on that boat!

Send me a PM. Maybe can work something out and you can at least borrow mine so you can see what it's like on the water and if you are comfortable with a ten footer.

As others have mentioned, the boating "world" (pricing) is crazy right now. I'd hate to see you buy something just because and not be happy with it.

Cheers,

M