Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: ATV Exhaust

ATV Exhaust

Hey guys and gals, looking for advice on what you may be doing to make you're ATV exhaust quieter. On my last trip i seperated from my buddies and later in the day we ended up in the same spot. The first thing they said was we could here you coming from a long ways away. I have a 2017 Honda Rubicon and I drive anywhere from 6-12km an hour when hunting.

Looking into the silent exhaust add-ons and its all over the board, from it works great, to don't buy it doesn't help that much.
    Is there a better exhaust add-on out there? Ive heard of Kaplin and Silent exhaust, or something like that.

Thanks

2. Site Sponsor

Re: ATV Exhaust

You have two postings the same.

As far as exhaust, don’t waste your money. And don’t worry, your buddies machines are noisy too.
    If you can pack it in, You can pack it out !!!

UNITED WE STAND, DIVIDED WE FALL !!!

BCWF
    WSSBC
    CCFR
    " The secret of change is to focus all your energy, not on fighting the old, but building on the new"
    Socrates.

Quote Originally Posted by Ride Red View Post
    You have two postings the same.

As far as exhaust, don’t waste your money. And don’t worry, your buddies machines are noisy too.
    And animals are more used to hearing a machine than your foot steps in the bush

I like the Kolpin Stealth exhaust (adds an extra muffler) on my RZR 800. Couldn't talk to the passenger before, now I can. On my iPhone sound app it lowered the decibels by 7 at 3,000 rpm up by my left ear. Huge noise reduction as decibels are logrithmic in scale. I was able to put the spark arrester from the RZR muffler outboard at the tail of the Kolpin. Still works fine after 7 years of use, but did repaint it 2 years ago as it was getting rusty.

I have a Kolpin Stealth add-on muffler on my Honda Rancher 350. It made a difference and my Honda wasn’t that noisy to begin with.

I often thought about getting one of those but most reviews say there's barely a difference between the before and after.

Couldn't be happier with the Silent Rider atv silencer. No matter what you use, the animals will hear you but I do believe they won't spook as easy with a quieter noise. I wouldn't think twice about purchasing one again.

Devils Advocate Here

Has anyone thought or wondered if the additional muffler would cause additional heat and back pressure that may cause engine (valve) damage

If you are having a noise issue, you may have exhaust leak. make sure all your inline gaskets are tight. Check to see if your timing is okay. Worse case scenario, blown head gasket.
    ".....It will be far easier to limit and undo the follies of a Trudeau government than to restore the necessary common sense and good judgment to a depraved electorate willing to have such a man for their prime minister......​"

Hmm mm you would be surprised just how far the noise from a well tuNed atv with good stock muffler travels..I can usually pick up the sound 4..5 minutes before the atv arrives..travelling slow not wot.....
    I have seen the add on after market units..I too worried about back pressure..elevated temps...
    Haven't need it in 3 at vs over 25 plus years.
    My .02
    Srupp