Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: ATV Exhaust

Re: ATV Exhaust

The kind of transmission on an atv makes a big difference to how noisy it is too. On my little Honda I can put around in second gear and keep the revs low. That in combo with the extra Kolpin exhaust makes my machine pretty quiet. I’ve come up on other people who have commented that they couldn't hear me until I was almost in eye sight and within a few hundred yards.

On the other hand, a buddy has a Kodak 450 with the cvt. He also has a Kolpin added but because he has to rev the machine up to get it to move I can hear him a fair ways off. His machine is a fair bit louder just idling too.

I’m not big on putting endless miles on my quad while hunting and for the most part I subscribe to the notion that you need to get away from the roads in order to find consistent and better quality animals. But I’ve also drove up a old spur with the idea of getting as far as I could then hiking to the timber. Once off the machine I only made it a hundred yards when one of the biggest whitetail I’ve shot got up out of his bed. I’m a believer the quiet machine in combo with the rain that day made it happen. While I would have rather got him in the timber I’ll gladly take a freebie.

Quote Originally Posted by dino View Post
    Im just wondering what hunting skills does one possess when on a quad armed with a rifle with the hope of comming across some really dumb inexperienced animal. I dont think that a quieter muffler is the answer.
    I bet that high horse you’re always on is pretty quiet too.

Imagine how embarrassing it would be for an animal to be shot by a hunter in a Polaris, talk about being disgraced in the after life.

Hunting in a downpour isn’t fun but it sure covers a lot of noise and scent.

Not only are they noisy, they stick as well. If the game has to listen for the predator's sneaking up on them, a atv is a bit noisier.

Quote Originally Posted by bigredchev View Post
    Imagine how embarrassing it would be for an animal to be shot by a hunter in a Polaris, talk about being disgraced in the after life.

Hunting in a downpour isn’t fun but it sure covers a lot of noise and scent.
    MMMM tasty grouse, venison, moose and bear meat. I don't think they cared much on what vehicle I got out of, my Polaris rzr or the Ford. They were more worried about the bark of the 300 WM.

Again I have worked for numerous game, and will continue to, but a freebie is a freebie, and no one will ever complain about those!

Quote Originally Posted by fuzzybiscuit View Post
    I bet that high horse you’re always on is pretty quiet too.
    Bahahaha!
    Ya i hear ya. Didn't mean to sound like one of "those" guys. I just think that a muffler is not the answer for more success. I do agree that a silent atv would be just awesome for cruising around.
    Hunting the promised land

Maybe Tesla will come out with a long range ATV,,,lol