Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Caffeine in the woods

Re: Caffeine in the woods

I have a Stanley travel thermos that has a built in press. Heat up some water dump it over grinds and go. 5 minutes later I press and drink.

I use a coffee maker, works well!
    I like drinking beer and whiskey, shooting guns, jetboating, love a nice rack and a tight line, I am simply a sophisticated redneck...

No matter how early I plan to leave I always budget enough time for at least one cup before I try and do anything.

I like Starbucks Via but if I have a few extra minutes the Aeropress is better. Can't argue with the simplicity of Via and I find the taste quite acceptable.

I actually like the taste of a fresh roasted coffee bean so I have my chocolate covered espresso beans without the chocolate. They get kind of gross if they aren't fresh but I've been known to gnaw down a few anyway.
    Is Justin Competent, or just incompetent?

https://www.wacaco.com/collections/shop/MINIPRESSO

Id like to try one of these out too. Probably similar to an aeropress for flavour.

I also only drink fresh roasted beans. Once you start, there’s no going back.
    If you don't read the newspaper, you're uninformed. If you read the newspaper, you're mis-informed.

Quote Originally Posted by WetLeopard View Post
    this is a little unorthodox, but if you can find a caffeine heavy pre-workout you don't need to go through the hassle of heating water (though it's really not much different from a caffeine pill).
    This doesn't work for me, it's not just the caffeine that I need it's something else in coffee, that tea or other sources of caffeine can't provide.

I do via when backpacking, and have a regular drip maker in the camper.
    The only thing I like as much as trucks, is guns.

Quote Originally Posted by Squamch View Post
    This doesn't work for me, it's not just the caffeine that I need it's something else in coffee, that tea or other sources of caffeine can't provide.

I do via when backpacking, and have a regular drip maker in the camper.
    I don’t drink energy drinks or anything and I’d be a little bit worried of how I’d feel if I had a pre workout on an empty stomach.
    If you don't read the newspaper, you're uninformed. If you read the newspaper, you're mis-informed.

Arrow Re: Caffeine in the woods

There is always sufficient time made:

It's a tradition.
    Nog
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zVNNhzkJ-UU&feature=related

Egotistical, Self Centered, Son of a Bitch Killer that Doesn't Play Well With Others.

Guess he got to Know me

My kind of coffee^^^^
    I have 5 different kinds of percolators, even a 12 volt one.
    The challenge of retirement is how to spend time without spending money.
    The worst day slinging lead is still better than the best day working.
    Look around is there someone you can introduce to shooting because that’s the only way we will buck the anti gun trend sweeping Canada! "tigrr 2006"

So what ever happened to boiling coffee in a can, it’s called cowboy coffee!

I picked up one of these over the winter: https://vpo.ca/product/276866/commuter-java-press-blue haven't tried it yet, but seems of good quality and allows for a nice french pressed coffee without having to deal with cleaning and carrying more. I can't do instant.