Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Caffeine in the woods

Central Interior of our beautiful british columbia.

Re: Caffeine in the woods

Starbucks, or a french press. Always time for making coffee!! Gets the morning poop brewing nicely!! Moosin
    "A good day hunting is mud on your truck or blood on your hands"

“Some people go to church and think about hunting……………others go hunting and think about God!”

It's actually called the 375 "ouch and ouch"!!

"Not asking for any spots or anything like that............................................"

I might be bucking the tide here, but seeing as I cannot digest coffee I make 1/12 to 2 cups of chai with strong black tea, milk, honey and spices in the morning on the tailgate, drink that with a huge piece of apple cake or home made bread with peanut butter and jam well before daylight and then I'm off hunting for the day.

Redbull the moment I wake up. That gives me enough boost to get out of my sleeping bag so I can start making coffee (in the rare case my wife hasn't made sone already or I'm solo)

Those Starbucks Via packs as others have mentioned are very good and convenient.

We use a pocket rocket stove to boil up water really quick. Also picked up another pocket stove recently that came with an adapter so it can use propane or isopro butane (I imagine the same adapter would work on the pocket rocket) so much cheaper.

Nescafe makes a 2:1 you can get in the international foods isle its pretty decent for 3.50 a serving.... Or you know ... Redbull

If we have time its the old dripper,but if its hurrisome jagermeister; not too much 1/2 ounce ; tummy wakes up you will feel awake and here comes the poop train! Once you try it you will believe! My old Ukie uncle used to give us a tablespoon of his hooch on the farm in alberta to get up and do chores , then auntie would have breakfast ready an hour later talk about production who says spirits aren't salvation? Horseee
    PIGS IS PIGS;BUT HOG'S IS HOGS!

Quote Originally Posted by adriaticum View Post
    I like Starbucks Via coffee, or instant coffee.
    I'm not a coffee conosseur, I just need it so my head doesn't explode, so I'm not particular about it.
    Especially in the bush.
    I hear ya, I just need caffeine to avoid the withdrawal headache. So I’m pretty sure I’ve got most folks beat with how low my standards are for my caffeine intake: while sheep hunting I just open a pack of Via down the powder and wash it down with a mouthful of water. It’s awful.

I tell ya, try Get Grinds coffee pouches, they are awesome.

Proud Member of Team Gold Bond

Originally Posted by F***** D***
    some "people" tend to use the paneling in the living room to fuel their fires.
    Quote Originally Posted by hunter1947 View Post
    I think I do perrty good for only having grad 7 education

starbucks via for backpacking, french press at the truck or camping. the vias are quite acceptable, but i like to start the day with a well brewed cup from the press at least.

Quote Originally Posted by huntcoop View Post
    I tell ya, try Get Grinds coffee pouches, they are awesome.

im going to give these a go. What’s the benefits? Are they backpackable? Is one pouch equal to a cup of coffee?
    If you don't read the newspaper, you're uninformed. If you read the newspaper, you're mis-informed.

if I'm camping in the wall tent, then percolator on the stove, or french press....I don't like to get up and go, I like to wake up early and slowly get ready, let the morning dump work itself out before I start hunting

for backpacking I like the starbucks instant stuff, easy to find and tastes good...but the best stuff was probably Jed's bean bags, which I've only ever seen in NZ....it's a tea bag with ground coffee, simple and easy, I flew home with a big supply of the stuff

https://www.jedscoffee.co.nz/our-coffee/bean-bags/

you could buy empty tea bags and make your own pretty easily
    Unfortunately, the rifles are getting lighter because we are getting heavier and more unfit as a society. This is the key to the mainstream acceptance of the short magnums. - Nathan Foster