Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Another hit to our hunting spaces - indigenous conservation areas

Re: Another hit to our hunting spaces - indigenous conservation areas

Quote Originally Posted by Treed View Post
    They won’t let us hunt. They get enough money for free from other sources. When I get shut out from my ‘traditional lands’ I’ll be poaching my traditional rights. What a total load of BS. But it will come to pass.
    Yep.......
    He's anything but a hunter.
    More like another, Rain Coast Sociopath Fraud. Living off the prevails of his chronic lies, like the rest of them...

It's an issue, because these sociopath environmentalist's, will dilute the facts.
    To the point you or Joe public, won't know them any more..
    They count on that big time..

I lived in Muncho Lake years ago, but I think it's best I keep my thoughts to myself....

There are quite a few examples of hunters not being permitted to hunt on "their" land in BC already. The T'silhqotin in Riske Creek area will not allow hunters access to their title lands. In fact they won't allow hunters to drive (on taxpayer build roads) through their title area to hunt on the other side of it. We all know the stories of the Tahltan Nation blockading roads against hunters every fall. This is just one more area that will be cut off from resident hunters. The dominoes are falling.

Man. Pretty conflicted reading all this.
    FN get shit on pretty hard which I am not onboard with as they are they are the product of what our gov't created. They (the gov't) has completely ****ed up their lives and just figure giving them free shit will fix the problem they created.

I was chatting with a gov't FN liaison about this topic (giving land to them). This guy was buying some tires from me and the conversation got deep real quick. haha.
    He thought it was a good idea to gift and I thought it was yet another disservice to them.

We keep giving them shit for free with the hope that it appeases them and keeps them quiet. Giving away title sets a precedent and the lawyers are licking their lips with the thought of years and years of work ahead of them.
    It's a slap in the face of the BC resident tax payer who fund the resource development, land management and support payments to the many bands through BC.

I would much prefer that we give them income producing assets that can be developed and run jointly. Enough natural resources in this province that they could run a Joint mining or gas project with the revenue and jobs going to the bands.
    As many alluded to, all these BC bands didn't 'peacefully' carve out their territories and they didn't live peacefully until us white folk showed up. When I was in Kamloops as was BSing with a guy down at Pioneer park. He said him and his buddies hated another group at the beach because they were from a different band. Such old school thinking that they all need to move on from but it gives you an idea of where their heads are at .... no one is thinking for themselves, they are just believe what they've been taught by family members.

We just need to move forward and giving them shit and not actually trying to help them doesn't seem like it's worked for the last 50 yrs.

I like what the Tahltan's have done in regards to land management and the fact that they'd gotten tired of the gov't and are starting up their grizzly hunt again. I also don't like the stories of them blocking hunter access. I guess we'll see what it looks like post-covid.

In short: the situation is ****ed. There is the opportunity to actually improve the wildlife situation in BC through FN management but there is also a lot of risk. Not much trust right now and I am REALLY trying to be 'glass half full'.

This is a lifestyle and a passion for all of us and I don't think anyone will ever stop hunting.

Quote Originally Posted by dapesche View Post
    Man. Pretty conflicted reading all this.
    FN get shit on pretty hard which I am not onboard with as they are they are the product of what our gov't created. They (the gov't) has completely ****ed up their lives and just figure giving them free shit will fix the problem they created.

I was chatting with a gov't FN liaison about this topic (giving land to them). This guy was buying some tires from me and the conversation got deep real quick. haha.
    He thought it was a good idea to gift and I thought it was yet another disservice to them.

We keep giving them shit for free with the hope that it appeases them and keeps them quiet. Giving away title sets a precedent and the lawyers are licking their lips with the thought of years and years of work ahead of them.
    It's a slap in the face of the BC resident tax payer who fund the resource development, land management and support payments to the many bands through BC.

I would much prefer that we give them income producing assets that can be developed and run jointly. Enough natural resources in this province that they could run a Joint mining or gas project with the revenue and jobs going to the bands.
    As many alluded to, all these BC bands didn't 'peacefully' carve out their territories and they didn't live peacefully until us white folk showed up. When I was in Kamloops as was BSing with a guy down at Pioneer park. He said him and his buddies hated another group at the beach because they were from a different band. Such old school thinking that they all need to move on from but it gives you an idea of where their heads are at .... no one is thinking for themselves, they are just believe what they've been taught by family members.

We just need to move forward and giving them shit and not actually trying to help them doesn't seem like it's worked for the last 50 yrs.

I like what the Tahltan's have done in regards to land management and the fact that they'd gotten tired of the gov't and are starting up their grizzly hunt again. I also don't like the stories of them blocking hunter access. I guess we'll see what it looks like post-covid.

In short: the situation is ****ed. There is the opportunity to actually improve the wildlife situation in BC through FN management but there is also a lot of risk. Not much trust right now and I am REALLY trying to be 'glass half full'.

This is a lifestyle and a passion for all of us and I don't think anyone will ever stop hunting.
    Good post. You are correct, the government created this shit show and we don’t trust the government or FN. If FN allowed residents to continue on to hunt and fish, we’d be seeing them in a different light. But, when you instantaneously block us out as soon as you receive a little power, our trust goes out the window. I’d be on board working with anyone as long as all stakeholders have a place at the table, but again, sadly we’ve been shut out. Until everyone can work collaboratively, the battle will continue.
    If you can pack it in, You can pack it out !!!

UNITED WE STAND, DIVIDED WE FALL !!!

BCWF
    WSSBC
    CCFR
    " The secret of change is to focus all your energy, not on fighting the old, but building on the new"
    Socrates.

All stakeholder s or their representatives ARE at the table, everyone knows and understands what is at stake, and the talk keeps going round and round the table.
    Then the trump card gets thrown down and everything stalls
    As soon as the UN created the UNDRIP card and CDN politicians acquiesced, the future was clear for a handful of glory and power seekers to move.
    Never say whoa in the middle of a mud hole

Quote Originally Posted by scoutlt1 View Post
    I lived in Muncho Lake years ago, but I think it's best I keep my thoughts to myself....
    I would actually like to hear your thoughts.

Quote Originally Posted by adriaticum View Post
    Look, you can't say that with certainty. You don't know.
    One of the reason they might be transfering land to the FN is to stop the welfare system that exists right now.
    So FN will not get any free resources.
    Maybe that is not such a bad idea.
    Give them land and end the welfare state.
    But I agree, if my traditional territory is closed, I will not need a license or tag to hunt.
    Well that is the thing though, we DO know. You can't possibly be that naïve that you think access even remotely similar to what we have now, much less BETTER than now, will exist, can you? I mean, I have a pretty good suspicion based on some of your comments, but I still can't actually believe you truly think that.

We have seen it across the province, anywhere that there is a reserve people encounter access issues on the surrounding landscape when they run into indigenous groups. And this isn't simply "Hey bud, we don't think you should be here because of this and this and this", it is intimidation and fear. People take ownership of areas that they frequent, it's human nature. No different than if you were to walk through a strange neighborhood in Detroit or Toronto, people would be looking at you less than welcoming because you aren't from the area and maybe you end up face down behind a dumpster. Compound that on land that people have been told they actually have legal rights??!?!? It will end in violence...

As to the welfare state aspect.... Canada CAN'T get rid of that. When the Indian Act was set up it involved the government setting aside monies in a separate account for administration of the Act and to look after the Indians. THEN the government needed some dollars, and "borrowed" from that account, but like a credit card the interest keeps accruing. And now the total bill owed to the account is more than the country could generate or BORROW. Think about that for a second. Canada, as a country, doesn't have enough equity to borrow enough money to cover the debt that the government created. If the debt was called in, it would bankrupt Canada. So there is virtually NO chance that the country can solve this issue financially, because the government can only make the minimum payments to keep the creditors away.

Additional to that, Indian Affairs is a big ministry. And there likely isn't any appetite among the people that work there to solve any of this and put themselves out of a job. It is a self perpetuating cycle.

Thumbs down Re: Another hit to our hunting spaces - indigenous conservation areas

... First Nations know that they can't block access to hunting.
    There would be an all out war.
    There you go once again indicating just how delusional you can be at times.

First nations are ALREADY blocking access to hunting, fishing and more over large swaths of land.
    It is their common practice. Period.
    The "government" sides with them on these matters, certainly not you.

There have been no signs of real resistance to that stance, let alone "all out war".
    Despite the assurances and angry comments of many on various internet platforms, damn near zero are actually ready, willing and able to put their lives at risk over these developments. Again... Period.

The worst is yet to come, and here you sit trying to condone it...

Sheesh,
    Nog
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zVNNhzkJ-UU&feature=related

Egotistical, Self Centered, Son of a Bitch Killer that Doesn't Play Well With Others.

Guess he got to Know me

Another elephant in the room is that many of the developments in BC and owned and operated by foreign countries and bringing their own labour force that doens't speak any English.
    Curious about this. Can you name a few projects where this is happening?