Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Another hit to our hunting spaces - indigenous conservation areas

Re: Another hit to our hunting spaces - indigenous conservation areas

Quote Originally Posted by Eastbranch View Post
    Alternatively, you could actually read the plan, come to an informed conclusion and find an ally instead of an enemy.

https://kaskadenacouncil.com/downloa...=5e9f88eabefd5

"Hikers, hunters, campers, anglers and outdoor enthusiasts are welcome onDene K’éh Kusān land."

And sometimes you just gotta get your foot in the door, before you can get what you actually want

When you can't win at your first attempt, change the narrative and try again....so now instead of food security, it's become a conservancy area right....

https://www.yukon-news.com/news/yuko...ultation-case/

https://www.yukon-news.com/news/yuko...-hunting-bans/

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/north...suit-1.4743083

CONCLUSION[154] The record in this case does not provide any basis for the legal dispute as Iconclude that KDC does not have the authority to bring such a court action, nor is therea sufficient record to address the real and fundamental dispute between KDC andYukon.

http://caid.ca/KDCDec2019.pdf

Sure, friendly allies, very welcoming indeed...for the right price
    Unfortunately, the rifles are getting lighter because we are getting heavier and more unfit as a society. This is the key to the mainstream acceptance of the short magnums. - Nathan Foster

Quote Originally Posted by wildcatter View Post
    You sound like you are on the FN's side.
    No, I just know who makes decisions.
    1. Human over population
    2. Government burden and overreach

Quote Originally Posted by Ride Red View Post
    And you are right. Not long ago, 2500 of us showed up in Victoria, then Kelowna. Many on here said they didn’t want to miss a day of work or spend the money to travel. Out of over 100,000 hunters in this province and only a handful of us do anything to support the hunt we love. Time for everyone to look in the mirror and realize we’re the problem too for not speaking up. Spend a little now to save for later or give up and lose it all.
    Its actually pretty sad, but many live pay cheque to pay cheque and cannot take that day off, or just think others will do it on their behalf but in reality I think we've already lost, writings on the wall and deals have been made as we are at the tail end of things. What a sad state of affairs everything seems to be lately!
    I like drinking beer and whiskey, shooting guns, jetboating, love a nice rack and a tight line, I am simply a sophisticated redneck...

Look, its fairly easy to sum up.
    Agreements like this, COULD be a good thing, for wildlife and at the end of the day, isnt that what we all want.
    The PROBLEM is, agreements now days between the FN and Government generally conclude with the FN "knowing what they gain", BUT, WE Non FN have NO IDEA nor any Stipulations in their to protect/preserve our concerns/use.
    And the irony is, they want to continue to hunt in these areas, which is fine by me, but we are only concerned/asking for the
    "SAME RIGHT"
    Nothing more, nothing less.
    Isn't that what making things fair for everyone is all about?
    Isnt that the end game?
    Or is reconciliation having to say sorry and thank you everyday and have to hand over cash.
    Because if it is the later, then i guarantee worse outcomes down the road then has been seen in a long time.
    If it is fair, then i am good with it, and don't think i am asking for much.
    BUT, i want to see it in "writing"!!!

The rest is just speculation and being upset with not knowing or what could happen.
    Blame our government for not "letting us know what it means" for the future of the many non fn BC resident!!

Quote Originally Posted by ccrcc View Post
    Curious about this. Can you name a few projects where this is happening?
    Who is making your baby formula?

https://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/can...erns-1.5967372
    1. Human over population
    2. Government burden and overreach

Quote Originally Posted by browningboy View Post
    Its actually pretty sad, but many live pay cheque to pay cheque and cannot take that day off, or just think others will do it on their behalf but in reality I think we've already lost, writings on the wall and deals have been made as we are at the tail end of things. What a sad state of affairs everything seems to be lately!
    This is way closer to the truth right here.
    If you can pack it in, You can pack it out !!!

UNITED WE STAND, DIVIDED WE FALL !!!

BCWF
    WSSBC
    CCFR
    " The secret of change is to focus all your energy, not on fighting the old, but building on the new"
    Socrates.

Quote Originally Posted by adriaticum View Post
    We shouldn't assume that protection of wilderness areas means no hunting.
    No hunting for whitie, yes.
    "It is better to be tried by twelve than carried by six" author Jeff Cooper
    One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors - Plato

Firearm Legal Defence insured, Member of the CCFR

Quote Originally Posted by Bugle M In View Post
    And the irony is, they want to continue to hunt in these areas, which is fine by me, but we are only concerned or asking for the "SAME RIGHT"
    Nothing more, nothing less.
    Isn't that what making things fair for everyone is all about?
    Isn’t that the end game?

Or is reconciliation having to say sorry and thank you everyday and have to hand over cash.
    Because if it is the later, then i guarantee worse outcomes down the road then has been seen in a long time.
    If it is fair, then i am good with it, and don't think i am asking for much.

This is the argument I’ve used with everyone I discuss fn or blm stuff with. EQUALITY means EQUAL rights for EVERYONE.

If you want to swing the pendulum all the way to the other side in an effort to make yourself feel better about what someone else did to someone else, before you were born, THAT IS NOT EQUALITY!!!

Unfortunately, there are way too many people who don’t understand this incredibly simple concept, and are hellbent on giving it all away to special interest groups. And yet because I feel equality does not mean “white guilt”, I am labeled as a racist. What the hell is that? Reverse racism is alive and well in this world. The Caucasian race has historically been the most motivated to explore and “improve” the world. Were some bad things done in the past? Sure. But indigenous people have done bad things to each other for eons too.
    If we’re not supposed to eat animals, how come they’re made out of meat?

BHA, BCWF, CCFR, PETA, Lever Action Addict.