Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Another hit to our hunting spaces - indigenous conservation areas

Re: Another hit to our hunting spaces - indigenous conservation areas

Quote Originally Posted by ccrcc View Post
    Curious about this. Can you name a few projects where this is happening?

Site C, Kitimat LNG (LNG Canada) is a conglomerate of foreign companies, not a single Canadian company.
    They just use a name LNG Canada to make people believe it's Canadian.
    Dig a little more.
    It's all over mining, Banking, agriculture industries.

Do you understand that Government of Canada advertises Temporary Foreign Worker programs?
    "Hire a Temporary Foreign worker", we might just give you a bonus and a subsidy.
    Go to the Okanagan and see who picks the fruit.
    Check to see who works the fields of this country.
    Last edited by adriaticum; 03-28-2021 at 01:31 PM.
    1. Human over population
    2. Government burden and overreach

Quote Originally Posted by KodiakHntr View Post
    Well that is the thing though, we DO know. You can't possibly be that naïve that you think access even remotely similar to what we have now, much less BETTER than now, will exist, can you? I mean, I have a pretty good suspicion based on some of your comments, but I still can't actually believe you truly think that.

We have seen it across the province, anywhere that there is a reserve people encounter access issues on the surrounding landscape when they run into indigenous groups. And this isn't simply "Hey bud, we don't think you should be here because of this and this and this", it is intimidation and fear. People take ownership of areas that they frequent, it's human nature. No different than if you were to walk through a strange neighborhood in Detroit or Toronto, people would be looking at you less than welcoming because you aren't from the area and maybe you end up face down behind a dumpster. Compound that on land that people have been told they actually have legal rights??!?!? It will end in violence...

As to the welfare state aspect.... Canada CAN'T get rid of that. When the Indian Act was set up it involved the government setting aside monies in a separate account for administration of the Act and to look after the Indians. THEN the government needed some dollars, and "borrowed" from that account, but like a credit card the interest keeps accruing. And now the total bill owed to the account is more than the country could generate or BORROW. Think about that for a second. Canada, as a country, doesn't have enough equity to borrow enough money to cover the debt that the government created. If the debt was called in, it would bankrupt Canada. So there is virtually NO chance that the country can solve this issue financially, because the government can only make the minimum payments to keep the creditors away.

Additional to that, Indian Affairs is a big ministry. And there likely isn't any appetite among the people that work there to solve any of this and put themselves out of a job. It is a self perpetuating cycle.

Kodiak, you are so hard set in your skin.
    You must be an old geezer, like Nog.

I understand that Tahltan don't allow us to hunt their land yet. But keep in mind the these land claims being resolved is a novelty.
    Suddenly FNs were given a cookie and they don't want to share. But I am convinced that eventually they will.
    Also keep in mind that they don't share with you or me, but there is plenty of white people who are on friendly terms with them and do hunt their land.

Indian Act is a relic of the past and is going to be abolished and all those who are employed there will be moved to other useless jobs in other useless ministries.
    Unless, we the people, get a clue.
    Indians don't like it, we don't like it.
    The problem is white man is comfortable in his armchair, sipping his latte and debating benefits of non-binary genders.
    While other people are working on improving their lives.

From now on, I am answering all problems with 2 answers:

1. Human over population
    2. Government burden and overreach. When parasite overwelms the host organism and host organism dies, they both die.

Keep in mind the most successful FN bands have chiefs who are univesity indoctrinated, much like we are.
    They know they can't exist alone and they can't go back to roaming the land living in tippis and hunting bison.

But one thing is for sure.
    If you believe that they won't let us hunt and you approach the issue with that attitude, you are increasing the likelihood that they won't.
    1. Human over population
    2. Government burden and overreach

You can count me in with the old geezers and I also think they won't let us hunt on "their" land.
    If they do, it will be when ever they feel like and probably say how much money you got white boy?
    It will be a cash cow they can't resist, as seeing it another form of extortion to part us with our hard earned cash and liberties.
    The young and up coming generation will be the most militant, the "proud warriors" they will be the ones we will have to face.
    I can see several outcome if this, most hunters will just suck it up and obey, some will give up hunting altogether and some probably get into a confrontation.
    WLM
    I have a very strict gun control policy: if there's a gun around, I want to be in control of it. - Clint Eastwood
    "Lots of critters to still shoot. And there'll be no quitters until we bag some critters" - 180grainer
    "Politicians should wear sponsor jackets like Nascar drivers, then we know who owns them" - Robin Williams

Flush the Turd!

Located and residing on the unceded territory of European Settler's traditional land.
    Click here to learn more 🖕

And the Poaching will boom, incredibly.

Can you blame them.
    WSSBC
    BCWF
    CCFR
    BHA

Quote Originally Posted by wildcatter View Post
    You can count me in with the old geezers and I also think they won't let us hunt on "their" land.
    If they do, it will be when ever they feel like and probably say how much money you got white boy?
    It will be a cash cow they can't resist, as seeing it another form of extortion to part us with our hard earned cash and liberties.
    The young and up coming generation will be the most militant, the "proud warriors" they will be the ones we will have to face.
    I can see several outcome if this, most hunters will just suck it up and obey, some will give up hunting altogether and some probably get into a confrontation.
    Add me to the old geezer list too. Happily.
    The Indian Act is racist. But no federal government has abolished it yet.
    The UN and all their bigoted and racist sh*t like UNDRIP needs to f**k off. Now.
    The "fact" that Indian rights are now "well enshrined in law" is meaningless to me. That was done by politicians and judges. They are the same people who came up with residential schools and the Indian Act. Top level politicians and top level judges are predominantly pompous, self serving folks who may or may not feel like they are "doing the right thing", but in so many ways (like this), simply aren't.
    This is all about money and power. It has nothing to do with "rights" or "freedoms" or anything that even resembles that. Quite the opposite actually.

I honestly don't even know how this will/would ever be addressed in a way that parallels my way of thinking, and maybe in today's world it shouldn't be. As soon as I even start to open my mouth on things like this, the first comment/reaction is "racist". Frankly, I'm starting care less and less every day about that kind of reaction, because to me it's just ignorant.

Makes no sense to me, and sadly, I feel like things are going to shit in a country that should be having the exact opposite happening.

M

I don't want to derail this thread, but everyone needs to read UNDRIP. Read it more than once.

It's unbelievable really.

Quote Originally Posted by IronNoggin View Post
    There you go once again indicating just how delusional you can be at times.

First nations are ALREADY blocking access to hunting, fishing and more over large swaths of land.
    It is their common practice. Period.
    The "government" sides with them on these matters, certainly not you.

There have been no signs of real resistance to that stance, let alone "all out war".
    Despite the assurances and angry comments of many on various internet platforms, damn near zero are actually ready, willing and able to put their lives at risk over these developments. Again... Period.

The worst is yet to come, and here you sit trying to condone it...

Sheesh,
    Nog

Absolutely accurate.

The other thing is that when you refer say things like "First Nations know...this or that" you're making a huge and unsupportable generalization. There isn't a monolithic "First Nation" out there. There *are* well over 200 different bands, nations and other Indigenous groups and they are all pursuing agendas that differ to various extents from one another.

Even within a nation there are very different viewpoints and values.
    Rob Chipman
    "The idea of wilderness needs no defense, it only needs defenders" - Ed Abbey
    "Grown men do not need leaders" - also Ed Abbey

What does it mean to our hunting???
    Don't know, as these type of situations are sort of uncharted territory.

BUT, i do know one thing, and this is for any FN reading, if they even care, but when change comes, there is always a
    ying-yang effect, and they may look at it as the beginning to taking it all back, and having unimpeded rights to land and
    extinguishing everyone else's (us non FN hunters etc).
    And on the onset, it appears that it could be possible.

Which only leaves me 2 choices down the road (not me, as i am too old, but the younger folks)
    One way, is to "poach your asses off", meaning the folks that would generally follow the laws will "take it into their own hands".

And the other, would be someone who loses their rights to hunt because for the most part they are held hostage or not allowed in
    many areas any longer, so why bother.

Well, for me, if "I CAN'T Hunt", then sure as shit no one will get "Special Privileges" if i can help it.
    In other words, a hunter "denied the right to access to hunt", can and should become an Anti against hunting so that even the
    FN can't no longer hunt one day.

Right now antis love to put us non FN hunters in the spotlight as the bad people destroying the planet.
    Once we are gone, that buffer for the FN is gone and then the "spotlight is on them"!!
    I guarantee it.
    And if i am around, i will lead the charge to stop them as well.

If it is just the case of "Protecting Land" (and i sure hope that is the case!!!) then i am all good with it!
    I guess that is the problem with these types of agreements.
    The FN know what they get out of it, and what they will be able to continue to do.

THE BIG ISSUE with these things, as we can see from many comments is:

We, as non FN, but hunters like them, don't have any "clauses" in these agreements for "us".
    Our government is in a movement to help the FN, but they no longer consider the rest of us.
    That is the BIG ISSUE, not what the FN wants, but our government and not keeping us hunters "in mind".
    Just remember that everyone!

And yes, hunter can become an Anti!!

did you email and receive a reply?

Quote Originally Posted by Ride Red View Post
    https://kaskadenacouncil.com/contact/

I’d suggest anyone interested in getting information on hunting or future of hunting in this area to look at the link posted. Their office is open M-F 8am to 3:30pm. I’m drafting an email to go out to see the response.

Quote Originally Posted by BCHunterTV View Post
    did you email and receive a reply?
    Hopefully a reply this week.
    If you can pack it in, You can pack it out !!!

UNITED WE STAND, DIVIDED WE FALL !!!

BCWF
    WSSBC
    CCFR
    " The secret of change is to focus all your energy, not on fighting the old, but building on the new"
    Socrates.