Page 5 of 21 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Crown Land Given To Now Be FN Land

Re: Crown Land Given To Now Be FN Land

One problem that First Nations have is that they are now used to rely on the government for handouts.
    They are not self sufficient as much as they used to be.
    1. Human over population
    2. Government burden and overreach

Quote Originally Posted by adriaticum View Post
    Read one of my previous posts.
    Which one?
    If you can pack it in, You can pack it out !!!

UNITED WE STAND, DIVIDED WE FALL !!!

BCWF
    WSSBC
    CCFR
    " The secret of change is to focus all your energy, not on fighting the old, but building on the new"
    Socrates.

I don't know, more than ever now I don't see a path forward that changes any outcomes..relationship or not. If i had control over my private hunting grounds and my bills were paid by taxpayers like FN do selfish me would not let anyone else hunt it....and if I did I would sell hunts to foereigners who can afford a to pay 10k plus for hunts...
    "Our arrows will block out the sun!" "Then we shall fight in the dark!" K.L. Government is not the solution to our problem, it is the problem. R.R. “One of the great mistakes is to judge policies and programs by their intentions rather than their results.” M.F. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UClJ...fYFveARiWyqjQA

Quote Originally Posted by ElectricDyck View Post
    I don't know, more than ever now I don't see a path forward that changes any outcomes..relationship or not. If i had control over my private hunting grounds and my bills were paid by taxpayers like FN do selfish me would not let anyone else hunt it....and if I did I would sell hunts to foereigners who can afford a to pay 10k plus for hunts...

Well how can you expect to hunt first nations land then if you wouldn't allow anyone to hunt your private land?
    1. Human over population

Just think about one thing.
    Have First Nations ever asked for anything from the government that you wouldn't want to have?
    Equality under the law, individual freedoms? They're not asking for that. Taxpayers have become serfs.
    ....i dont buy ** fish ..its like buying your stolen tools back from a crack head..

I was going to write a new thread explaining this, but might as well do it here.

Outdoorsmen and First Nations align in several key areas.

1. We love outdoors, we love to hunt, we love to fish, we want to preserve as much of natural environment as possible so we have healthy populations of fish and wildlife.
    We do not like urbanization, we do not like what the uncontrolled resource development has done to this province, we don't see any benefits from many resource developments done by foreign companies with foreign workers.
    I don't think First Nations are looking for land to be nomadic.
    There are no more nomadic people's other than in some very nomadic places like. Siberia, some parts of Amazon.
    I think we can all pretty much say that population densities across most of the world demand that we produce most of our own food.
    I think First Nations understand that well.
    We should not be thinking about the Indians and their culture that Columbus first encountered.
    North American aboriginal people have evolved as well. We live in a connected world and learn from many different sources.

2. We are all tired of government bullshit from all levels of government. Governments are not our friend, they are not a friend of the First Nations either. They are not a friend of the environment.
    Current economic system we have is not working and we are getting scalped for nothing.
    The idea that First Nations govern themselves is not necessarily a bad idea. Not necessarily good either. Remains to be seen.
    But, who wouldn't want to government themselves in this country?
    Is Maverick party not exact idea that we govern ourselves in the west?
    That we are through with federal bullshit? Is it not?
    I am sure First Nations will have much simpler governments. First Nations culture is much more egalitarian than western european.
    Unless one thinks that everything is right with the politics in Canada, I am sure you are seeking simpler, fairer, government and an economic system where 1 percent do not own the 90 percent.
    Most of us are pretty much serfs today.
    Who is to say that FN would not come up with a system to govern their land and people that is better?

Ohhhh.... Ok.

Well, I can see that you have a very romanticized view of indigenous peoples in BC.
    And having read some of your further posts on this thread regarding this, all I can do is shake my head.

Thumbs up Re: Crown Land Given To Now Be FN Land

Quote Originally Posted by KodiakHntr View Post
    Ohhhh.... Ok.

Well, I can see that you have a very romanticized view of indigenous peoples in BC.
    And having read some of your further posts on this thread regarding this, all I can do is shake my head.
    Yep. Indeed.

Nog
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zVNNhzkJ-UU&feature=related

Egotistical, Self Centered, Son of a Bitch Killer that Doesn't Play Well With Others.

Guess he got to Know me

Ohhhh.... Ok.

Ask him about Bosniaks.
    ....i dont buy ** fish ..its like buying your stolen tools back from a crack head..

Ohhhh.... Ok.

I have rarely been accused of being romantic. LOL

I want government gang out of my business.
    1. Human over population

Quote Originally Posted by Surrey Boy View Post
    Ask him about Bosniaks.
    What about Bosniaks?
    What do you know about it?
    1. Human over population