Page 4 of 21 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Crown Land Given To Now Be FN Land

Re: Crown Land Given To Now Be FN Land

We as non native hunters are in an increaingly poorer position as more and more native bands win their cases for getting back control of their territoriies. We will have to deal with native people to access hunting and fishing. God forbid they ever visit HBC. If you think a provincial government or federal government is going to wave a magic wand and reverse this course you are dreaming. The new reality is already here .

Quote Originally Posted by adriaticum View Post
    I am not necessarily convinced.
    First nations and hunters/outdoorsmen are natural allies. I have always believed this.
    Our interests are very much the same.
    We have to figure out how to work together.
    If we do, we will all benefit.
    If we don't, there could be trouble.
    How so? They whine, we get phucked = no problem?
    If you can pack it in, You can pack it out !!!

UNITED WE STAND, DIVIDED WE FALL !!!

BCWF
    WSSBC
    CCFR
    " The secret of change is to focus all your energy, not on fighting the old, but building on the new"
    Socrates.

Quote Originally Posted by Ride Red View Post
    How so? They whine, we get phucked = no problem?

Well pal, government is a stick.
    A stick that we used to smack indians over the head.
    now Indians are using that stick to smack us over the head.
    That's how that works.

The problem is that people without moral principle, or any grounding in ethics are allowed to roam the halls of this vast country.
    Think of government as a criminal organization that will do anyone's bidding.

First Nations have learned to wield that stick.

White people say nothing when criminals steal, rob, kill. We are used to it, that's why we don't raise a stink about it.
    We have normalized crime, poverty, homelessness.
    It's all a gimmick that politicians use to win votes.

When Europeans first came to this continent most of the lived peacefully with the natives. In fact Cherokee indians have embraced Europeans and taught them everything to survive.
    These Europeans lived with them like family.
    Until some government cockrach decided that he wanted all the land.
    This created the great Cherokee trail of tears.
    Government IS the problem.
    1. Human over population
    2. Government burden and overreach

I think that if we put an honest effort into building relationships with Indigenous Hunters and communities we can come to a place of greater understanding and greater cooperation. The problem is that this would require a huge investment regarding how to communicate with one another. I think most people in Canada want to see everyone do better and if we can work on commonalities and build from there, there could be a positive outcome . However, I do not know if people on both sides of this issue are ready to do the personal work it would require to open those types of conversations. It is challenging due to the extreme emotion both sides feel in regards to the management of wildlife and resources. All I know is polarization, stereotyping (on both sides), and dismissive attitudes do not work well to facilitate trust building.

Quote Originally Posted by adriaticum View Post
    I am not necessarily convinced.
    First nations and hunters/outdoorsmen are natural allies. I have always believed this.
    Our interests are very much the same.
    We have to figure out how to work together.
    If we do, we will all benefit.
    If we don't, there could be trouble.
    Why do FN need to work with us? They do what they want and every time they go to court they get more rights. Meanwhile tax payers paid for the lawyers educations and then the subsequent court costs lol
    "Our arrows will block out the sun!" "Then we shall fight in the dark!" K.L. Government is not the solution to our problem, it is the problem. R.R. “One of the great mistakes is to judge policies and programs by their intentions rather than their results.” M.F. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UClJ...fYFveARiWyqjQA

Thanks for the lesson pal. Now back to the question, how are we natural allies?
    If you can pack it in, You can pack it out !!!

UNITED WE STAND, DIVIDED WE FALL !!!

BCWF
    WSSBC
    CCFR
    " The secret of change is to focus all your energy, not on fighting the old, but building on the new"
    Socrates.

Arrow Re: Crown Land Given To Now Be FN Land

For any wondering just why Scott Fraser ran so damn hard away from the last election, wonder no more.
    He was one of the architects of this particular mess.
    And yet the local riding went to his same party, as did the entire province...

Nog
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zVNNhzkJ-UU&feature=related

Egotistical, Self Centered, Son of a Bitch Killer that Doesn't Play Well With Others.

Guess he got to Know me

Do you guys understand that the top issue for FNs right now is how to get water to all their communities.
    And our top issue is to send a guy to jail for refering his daughter as her, because she got injected with testosterone?
    Does anyone see anything wrong here?
    1. Human over population

Quote Originally Posted by ElectricDyck View Post
    Why do FN need to work with us? They do what they want and every time they go to court they get more rights. Meanwhile tax payers paid for the lawyers educations and then the subsequent court costs lol

They don't.
    They don't have to work with us if we take the approach that they don't and that we don't have to talk to them.
    That's where cooperation comes in handy.
    We will have to change how we think about some things.

Just think about one thing.
    Have First Nations ever asked for anything from the government that you wouldn't want to have?
    1. Human over population

Quote Originally Posted by Ride Red View Post
    Thanks for the lesson pal. Now back to the question, how are we natural allies?

Read one of my previous posts.
    1. Human over population