Page 1 of 18 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Crown Land Given To Now Be FN Land

Hybrid View

Crown Land Given To Now Be FN Land

Maybe this should be in politics but it sure seems hunting related....will hunting be done in 10 years? Is there a reason why the hunting regs started talking about traditional treaty lands in more detail and telling people to ask for permission?

FN settlment lawyer say BC is in for a shock...

https://www.abbynews.com/news/britis...t-lawyer-says/
    "Our arrows will block out the sun!" "Then we shall fight in the dark!" K.L. Government is not the solution to our problem, it is the problem. R.R. “One of the great mistakes is to judge policies and programs by their intentions rather than their results.” M.F. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UClJ...fYFveARiWyqjQA

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Crown Land Given To Now Be FN Land

It seems strange to me that the people that are taxed get less government representation than the people that aren't taxed, I mean shelters and housing for the homeless, more land for indians, housing and health care for the non-citizen border jumpers, something seems to be wrong with this picture. When is this going to change, we Canadian taxpayers may need our own Boston Tea Party to set the record straight.
    Quote Originally Posted by wetcoastwillie View Post
    In general.... sometimes I may come across as being a prick.... but I'm human.... and cant always express my views as best as I should

Quote Originally Posted by BimmerBob View Post
    It seems strange to me that the people that are taxed get less government representation than the people that aren't taxed, I mean shelters and housing for the homeless, more land for indians, housing and health care for the non-citizen border jumpers, something seems to be wrong with this picture. When is this going to change, we Canadian taxpayers may need our own Boston Tea Party to set the record straight.
    I wish there was a thumbs up button !
    if people of color do it, it's "affirmative action" "civil rights", etc, etc. If a bunch of white folks do it....its "racist" and "hate speech" quote Willyqbc

Quote Originally Posted by BimmerBob View Post
    And THAT is a FACT ! Very phucking sad for use white working guy taxpayers ! jmo RJ

I've said it for the last couple of years - the INDIAN's are getting all the Land and will RULE the F&W dept of BC too ! we are phucked here and Horgan (NDP) is in on it ALL too ! RJ

It will be interesting to see what develops from this.
    Could be good, could be a disaster.
    1. Human over population
    2. Government burden and overreach

Quote Originally Posted by adriaticum View Post
    It will be interesting to see what develops from this.
    Could be good, could be a disaster.
    Nothing good will come of it.
    A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life wrote a blank check
    Made payable for an amount of 'up to
    and including my life'. That is Honor, and there are way too many people
    in This country who no longer understand it.'
    You only walk this Earth once,
    make sure your tracks are deep.

Quote Originally Posted by dakoda62 View Post
    Nothing good will come of it.
    I am not necessarily convinced.
    First nations and hunters/outdoorsmen are natural allies. I have always believed this.
    Our interests are very much the same.
    We have to figure out how to work together.
    If we do, we will all benefit.
    If we don't, there could be trouble.
    1. Human over population
    2. Government burden and overreach

First nations and hunters/outdoorsmen are natural allies. I have always believed this.
    Yea - WELL good LUCK with that Belief ! - your Being very Naive ! jmo RJ

I am genuinely curious about this. How are our interests the same?
    I don't see the interests being aligned at all.

One historical aspect that very few people acknowledge or talk about is that indigenous groups pretty much across the landscape were nomadic. Not many people really sit down and think about that, or why that might be.
    Predominantly it was a food source issue though. It was a lot of work to pick up and peoples entire life. Historically, EVERYTHING in a given area would be eaten. Once there was nothing left to eat, it was time to move to the next area. And once EVERYTHING there was eaten, it was time to move again.
    That is why you see a more developed culture on coastal indigenous groups than you do with interior groups. More food resources and easier winters on the coast. They had an easier lifestyle and more time available.
    That is a fundamental difference in beliefs between indigenous groups in the interior and outdoorsmen. Eat everything there is available, vs grow a segment of the resource locally.