Page 10 of 21 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Thread: Crown Land Given To Now Be FN Land

Re: Crown Land Given To Now Be FN Land

So, if I understand correctly, you want recognition of your title to land, but screw the other guy whose title is recognized by the courts.
    Good luck with that.

Quote Originally Posted by saskbooknut View Post
    So, if I understand correctly, you want recognition of your title to land, but screw the other guy whose title is recognized by the courts.
    Good luck with that.
    The courts are corrupt and need to be brought back to doing the right thing instead of the thing they find interesting or personally right. The courts do not work in the best interest of the citizenry. They manipulate the law for their own agenda, which is mostly about what interests them, and what keeps them employed, and what gives them the most authority and control. All components of our courts are the most arrogant and entitled “public servants” you’ll have the misfortune of handing pay checks over to.
    PAPERS! Show me YOUR PAPERS!!

I don't think crotch is the stealthiest scent for deer hunting. (Surrey Boy)

so are you gonna stop spreading it on your nuts for your dog to lick off? (monasheemountainman)

You weren't there and you didn't get a moose hoof to the balls. (300rum700)

Money better spent representing the general public fighting for freedom of using public land vs. Indians than a couple of lakes surrounded by private property. I would even donate to a cause such as that.

No one will stand up to this, everyone balks but they will get their land and we will just get hosed. Kind of sucks but really, for real who will do anything?
    keep voting NDP!
    I like drinking beer and whiskey, shooting guns, jetboating, love a nice rack and a tight line, I am simply a sophisticated redneck...

So, what’s the deal with Indians

in Alberta, NW Territory, Yukon?
    He's anything but a hunter.
    More like another, Rain Coast Sociopath Fraud. Living off the prevails of his chronic lies, like the rest of them...

It's an issue, because these sociopath environmentalist's, will dilute the facts.
    To the point you or Joe public, won't know them any more..
    They count on that big time..

Quote Originally Posted by RugDoctor View Post
    The courts are corrupt and need to be brought back to doing the right thing instead of the thing they find interesting or personally right. The courts do not work in the best interest of the citizenry. They manipulate the law for their own agenda, which is mostly about what interests them, and what keeps them employed, and what gives them the most authority and control. All components of our courts are the most arrogant and entitled “public servants” you’ll have the misfortune of handing pay checks over to.
    Canadian courts are among the least corrupt in the world.
    They aren't perfect, but they aren't the US courts corrupted by political bias.
    BC is simply reaping the results of more than 150 years of denial of Aboriginal interest by their government.
    The legal precedent of Aboriginal title is clear and we'll established.
    It would have been easier and cheaper to settle a long time ago, but fools procrastinated.

Canadian courts are not corrupt. They are incompetent. Their sole purpose is to interpret the law. Nothing more. Look at the Carbon Tax ruling. The side that deemed it constitutional did so out of their pure feeling that climate change was a serious issue. There was no legal grounds, just pure grand standing on emotion. The dissenting side gave a lengthy, much lengthier than usual, argument citing all the legal reasons against it.

The same has been happening with First Nation issues for decades. Canadian laws are not being interpretated by the courts, their sole purpose. Instead they are being created by them based on emotions. You can't win against emotions.
    I don't shoot innocent animals... Just the ones that look guilty!

Canadian courts work for the government to keep the people in their place.
    Much like church worked to do the same through the centuries.
    Now that the church is all but ignored, something is needed to replace it.
    People take Court's word like gospel.
    Like it's the right thing to do.
    Like it's justice.
    Same like preacher's once.
    1. Human over population
    2. Government burden and overreach

Quote Originally Posted by adriaticum View Post
    ....People take Court's word like gospel.
    Like it's the right thing to do.,.
    Actually, people take the word of the Supreme Court because it sets out what will and will not be enforced by the government, and it sets out what the government can and cannot legally do. It ain't a religious thing.

Two examples: if the Supreme Court says that Tsilhqot'in Nation Declared Title Land belongs to the Tsilhqot'in and that they can govern it, but I don't agree with the SCC and I don't like the rules the Tsilhqot'in impose, what can I do? I can't take them to court and win, as it's been decided. I can't take up arms against anyone, because the Feds, the Tsilhqot'in National Government and the Province will all agree that I'm committing a criminal act. There's nothing religious about that. It's just the way the forces of coercion are aligned.

Second example: the Tsilhqot'in prohibit hunting without TNG permission in TNDT lands. The government cannot over-rule them, because they'll lose in court. It's not religion. It's statute and common law.

You may not like it.

You may argue that government can throw out statute and common law and over-ride what Indigenous peoples have won through long and hard legal battles, and you are 100% correct, but....we are a long, long way from seeing that happen. There's very little benefit to existing governments to do that.

It's also about much more than "land claims" - if it was only that there would be much less worry about what the future holds. It's about sovereignty. This post's title includes the term "Crown land" - that concept is in dispute. It's extremely common for Indigenous people to argue that there is no such thing as Crown land, so there's no way "Crown land" can be given to anyone, anywhere, anytime.
    Last edited by Rob Chipman; 03-28-2021 at 04:11 PM.
    Rob Chipman
    "The idea of wilderness needs no defense, it only needs defenders" - Ed Abbey
    "Grown men do not need leaders" - also Ed Abbey

Courts and politicians in this country need a severe beat down. The overreach is disgusting. They snuck it in, and we allowed it to happen over many, many years. Now it’s so entrenched in our DNA to accept being walked on the only way we will regain control of our land and freedom is through the needed beat down. There are no consequences for politicians or the judiciary when they’re clearly not acting in accordance with the will of the MAJORITY.
    PAPERS! Show me YOUR PAPERS!!

I don't think crotch is the stealthiest scent for deer hunting. (Surrey Boy)

so are you gonna stop spreading it on your nuts for your dog to lick off? (monasheemountainman)

You weren't there and you didn't get a moose hoof to the balls. (300rum700)