Page 12 of 21 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Crown Land Given To Now Be FN Land

Re: Crown Land Given To Now Be FN Land

Geeze, I came back to read up on spring bear hunting and instead ended up here reading this sh*t about mostly bigoted nonsense.

I hope that younger and smarter hunters understand that some concesions, both in species availability and land access, will need to be made. For the rest you, whatever..
    Last edited by stosto; 03-28-2021 at 10:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by stosto View Post
    Geeze, I came back to read up on spring bear hunting and instead ended up here reading this sh*t about mostly bigoted nonsense.

I hope that younger and smarter hunters understand that some concesions, both in species availability and land access, will need to be made. For the rest you, whatever..

I disgree with you. Before you posted this (or before you sh*t), all other posts havd been spirited and helpful for readers to understand the views from two sides.
    Life is too short and time goes too fast. Hunt, hunt, and hunt....

Quote Originally Posted by charlie_horse View Post
    So I dont have faith in the population to act before everything is too late so I'm of the frame of mind we will lose everything due to apathy. The amount of people that seem to be pro land back is mind boggling and it makes no sense to me.

However ive always been curious about laws regarding unceded land. If I am hunting on their land (as determined by the courts), what in theory should happen if I shoot a moose? Do I stand trial by their government? Does our provincial government now hold any power over that situation? I mean I know the answer to my question but could their be a case made that our provincial government doesn't have the authority to stop me anymore and I need to be dealt with by a band authority?
    The legal answers already exist in federal and provincial law from the rest of the Country and could probably be applied in BC.

Currently, First Nations outside of BC can develop management plans to sell hunting licences to non Nation member people with the approval of the Federal government.
    Or, First Nations can allow unlicenced hunting without a fee by non Nation member people to hunt on their land without Federal government approval.

The Federal governments have the legal authority to prosecute people that trespass on First Nations land.
    The Federal and Provincial governments have the legal authority to prosecute people that illegally import and/or possess wildlife obtained from First Nations land Into another jurisdiction, such as the neighboring provincial lands (into BC).

If you shoot a moose on First Nations land without band authority, you are best off eating it where it lays.
    If you are caught "exporting" it from First Nations land 'Into" BC, you will be as guilty of many infractions of Provincial and Federal law.

With time I expect that most First Nations will develop an independent court system to deal with trespassers and poachers.
    They might impose greater penalties for Non Nation members than having to attend a sweat lodge ceremony....

Quote Originally Posted by stosto View Post

Go to the hunting threads then.....or contribute meaningfully rather than jumping on mid thread and calling people who have an interest in this topic bigots. In fact, I suppose if you feel this way, you probably don’t want to be on a forum with a bunch of bigots.....thanks for coming out. Bye now.
    PAPERS! Show me YOUR PAPERS!!

I don't think crotch is the stealthiest scent for deer hunting. (Surrey Boy)

so are you gonna stop spreading it on your nuts for your dog to lick off? (monasheemountainman)

You weren't there and you didn't get a moose hoof to the balls. (300rum700)

Quote Originally Posted by BimmerBob View Post
    I think the clear point of all of this is that there can not be different classes of citizens in a country without it causing conflict. One class of citizen having rights and privileges that another class of citizens does not will only exacerbate slights either imagined or historical. The fact that two babies born in the same hospital on the same day to parents living in the same locale, where one has lifetime right to do things in the community and on the land that the others does not, is fundamentally wrong.

Traditional ways of doing things in a land of non-traditional customs is a pipe-dream, basically an impossibility as the pressure on the land would be insurmountable with added populations due to the increased lifespans of all people living on the land. If we agree that a senior level of our system of governance can set rules with regard to the land, laws and regulations if you will, then those laws MUST apply to all within the bounds of that land.

Differing rights for different classes of citizens within the same land based upon racial ethnicities has led to many conflicts throughout the world's history and someone must stand up to oppose the creation of yet another brick in the wall of ignorance and strife.

THIS IS NOT JUSTICE, it is judicial stupidity, it will lead to more and more conflict and there will be no winners. It is time to put emotions aside and use bold and brutal logic to end this BS once and for all. ONE LAND, ONE PEOPLE, ONE LAW FOR ALL!
    Thanks, Bob.

The Indian Act is as valid as the Danelaw.
    Last edited by Surrey Boy; 03-29-2021 at 10:48 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by ElectricDyck View Post
    ....i dont buy ** fish ..its like buying your stolen tools back from a crack head..

Quote Originally Posted by BimmerBob View Post
    I think the clear point of all of this is that there can not be different classes of citizens in a country without it causing conflict. One class of citizen having rights and privileges that another class of citizens does not will only exacerbate slights either imagined or historical. The fact that two babies born in the same hospital on the same day to parents living in the same locale, where one has lifetime right to do things in the community and on the land that the others does not, is fundamentally wrong.

Traditional ways of doing things in a land of non-traditional customs is a pipe-dream, basically an impossibility as the pressure on the land would be insurmountable with added populations due to the increased lifespans of all people living on the land. If we agree that a senior level of our system of governance can set rules with regard to the land, laws and regulations if you will, then those laws MUST apply to all within the bounds of that land.

Differing rights for different classes of citizens within the same land based upon racial ethnicities has led to many conflicts throughout the world's history and someone must stand up to oppose the creation of yet another brick in the wall of ignorance and strife.

THIS IS NOT JUSTICE, it is judicial stupidity, it will lead to more and more conflict and there will be no winners. It is time to put emotions aside and use bold and brutal logic to end this BS once and for all. ONE LAND, ONE PEOPLE, ONE LAW FOR ALL!

We already have different classes of citizens in this country.
    It's completely and fully accepted by the sheeple.
    It's been a tradition for centuries.
    The question is, will the sheeple wake up?
    1. Human over population
    2. Government burden and overreach

I have to argue against my interest. the slogan " ONE LAND, ONE PEOPLE, ONE LAW FOR ALL!" is not fair to the FN people. Think of this way: with more and more people immigrating to this country (I am the one as well), the FN people's interests will be diluted to less and fewer.
    With the legal trend to move in the FN's favour, I can only hope that one day we can try out luck in the FN-LEH draws (not $6 per try though, I believe) and pay a royal fee to FN for harvesting the BC Big Five ( Moose, Elk, Grizzly, Caribou, Bison) from FN territories.
    Life is too short and time goes too fast. Hunt, hunt, and hunt....

Quote Originally Posted by elker View Post
    I have to argue against my interest. the slogan " ONE LAND, ONE PEOPLE, ONE LAW FOR ALL!" is not fair to the FN people. Think of this way: with more and more people immigrating to this country (I am the one as well), the FN people's interests will be diluted to less and fewer.
    With the legal trend to move in the FN's favour, I can only hope that one day we can try out luck in the FN-LEH draws (not $6 per try though, I believe) and pay a royal fee to FN for harvesting the BC Big Five ( Moose, Elk, Grizzly, Caribou, Bison) from FN territories.

That's the whole thing if BC is partitioned off, it won't be one land.
    It will be multiple lands.
    So the question is who will fight to maintain British Columbia borders as they currently are.
    1. Human over population
    2. Government burden and overreach

Quote Originally Posted by elker View Post
    If you get your wish then British Columbia will no longer exist, which it in effect does not at this time because the BC Government does not enforce BC laws in a fair and equitable manner. Every area in British Columbia should come under the governance of BC regulations and laws otherwise what is the point? British Columbia, as we know it now, was not built by the ones you wish to give all this power to, it was built by pioneers and builders, my ancestors, for numerous generations. I have seen my and my neighbours rights and access to BC eroded over the years why do you feel that Indians get to somehow escape that erosion?
    Quote Originally Posted by wetcoastwillie View Post
    In general.... sometimes I may come across as being a prick.... but I'm human.... and cant always express my views as best as I should

Quote Originally Posted by chilcotin hillbilly View Post
    I have lost my business due to Titled land. Never fun loosing something you built from scratch. Government is a joke, bowing to UN at every tern. More businesses will be lost , and more families displaced due to titled land that is what is coming.

I used to love this country and province but libtards have ruined a once great nation. Not the Canada I grew up in that is for sure.

+1 on that!