Page 15 of 21 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: Crown Land Given To Now Be FN Land

Re: Crown Land Given To Now Be FN Land

Going back to Norway, eh.
    Norway where the Sami have indigenous land rights recognized by the courts.

ElectricDyck:

I think you're right. We need to see what's not only on the horizon, but what is here already.

Here's my question: let's assume we agree on what's going on. What should our response be? I think that will require a fair amount of thought, debate and discussion before we get on the same page and come tip with an effective response. What are your thoughts?
    Rob Chipman
    "The idea of wilderness needs no defense, it only needs defenders" - Ed Abbey
    "Grown men do not need leaders" - also Ed Abbey

A broad lobby for Whites is the answer. Just like the Status Card Holders have.
    Quote Originally Posted by ElectricDyck View Post
    ....i dont buy ** fish ..its like buying your stolen tools back from a crack head..

So something that has been bugging me about this for years, perhaps some of you seemingly well informed folks can explain it to me. The Canadian Govt has a set of laws me must all live by and live with.....however, if it is deemed "for the greater good" or some such language the laws can be ignored at the gov'ts discretion. As an example, if you are a landowner who happens to be on the slated route for a pipeline, and does not want that pipeline on your land.....because it is for the "greater good" of the country and its citizenry, the govt has the ability to disregard your private land ownership rights and push it through whether you want it or not. Or they want to expand a highway and forcibly appropriate land you own but do not wish to sell.

SO......WHY can that same standard not be applied in response to FN wanting to own all this land??? surely the argument can be made that transferring vast amounts of land and resources to 4% of the population is NOT in the publics best interest or for "the greater good", regardless of whether they "technically" have legal grounds or not.
    "Do not go where the path may lead,
    go instead where there is no path and leave a trail."
    Emerson

Quote Originally Posted by Rob Chipman View Post
    ElectricDyck:

I think you're right. We need to see what's not only on the horizon, but what is here already.

Here's my question: let's assume we agree on what's going on. What should our response be? I think that will require a fair amount of thought, debate and discussion before we get on the same page and come tip with an effective response. What are your thoughts?
    I think we are done no matter what we do. Negative I know but I just can't see a scenario where we get to keep hunting, at least anything like we are today. Canada will go like Australia. Opportunity will be extremely low and mostly for the rich. Most people were brought up in this school system where guns are bad and white people stole everything from the indians. Government is giving hunting control to the indians, outfitters already buy tags from the indians, I've been told that within 5 years hunting will be controlled by the indians. Special interest groups like the Tides Foundation with tons of money that are anti gun, anti hunting are infiltrating and donating to politicians, hunting groups, green terrorist groups, anything they can to have some say in these groups and accomplish their goals one step at a time. Working with anti groups on conservation projects will not slow this down, I think it will only speed it up.

The small percentage of residents that care about hunting and fishing themselves are divided on simple issues like predator hunting and trophy hunting. Hunting orgs like BCWF pic a fight with outfitters and the GOABC over quota issues that effected no one and help create the term "Trophy Hunter" paid for with hunter dollars. GOABC would have made great allies...BCWF core book taught us to hide hunting and called it ethics. Don't post pics because the antis will use it against us is just another way for hunters to be ashamed and apologize for hunting, people only hide things that they are ashamed of and the general public recognizes this. Hunters on here comment about how the killing is the worst part and they only kill what they eat. Well they need to go eat some mice and weeds next time they have a cob of corn. Something always dies for something to live.

In the end hunting doesn't even really matter, there are bigger issues. We live in a country where the federal party in power is putting forward a bill to censor the internet and no one is marching with pitch forks. Another federal party wants to dismantle Canada's military. A gay activist BC judge puts a guy in jail because he objects to a pre puberty sex change on his daughter. When a small group gathers to protest this the city of Vancouver tries to shut it down. A public health care system that was stressed beyond capacity pre covid and after a year of covid the only the answer people have is to blame each other for not locking down enough or enough government control. Government is centralizing more and more, controlling interest rates, housing, schooling, universities, healthcare, this simply doesn't work long term and it always ends in not enough food. Canadians are apathetic, misinformed and lazy. They will ask for more censorship and government control and the government will gladly give it to them lol.

My plan is to play violin as the ship goes down.
    "Our arrows will block out the sun!" "Then we shall fight in the dark!" K.L. Government is not the solution to our problem, it is the problem. R.R. “One of the great mistakes is to judge policies and programs by their intentions rather than their results.” M.F. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UClJ...fYFveARiWyqjQA

Quote Originally Posted by ElectricDyck View Post
    I think we are done ......Canada will go like Australia

My plan is to play violin as the ship goes down.
    I'm pretty sure this statement could rank as a classic on here.

Love it.
    WSSBC
    BCWF
    CCFR
    BHA

I don't agree with your pessimism ElectricDyck.

I think social media is a new phenomenon and we still don't know what to do with it.
    We have not established rules of behaviour that are agreed upon by all.
    I think we will do that in the future. All new technologies start out like that.

We can only lose hunting rights and heritage if we, of our own accord, drop our guns and stop getting out.
    As long as we have new generations taking up hunting, it will continue.

Australian hunting is just fine.
    They don't have the game that we do so they have not a ton to hunt.
    Kangaroos, some non-native deer and buffalo, some non-native pigs.
    Australian hunting is as strong as it is here, they just don't have the game animals we have.

The only danger I see is urban encroachment and changing of attitudes toward guns.
    It's happening because we are importing people from India, China and countries that have no guns and no hunting due to over population and extermination of all animals.
    That's why.
    Perhaps we should be spending more time on introducing Indians and Chinese into the benefits of the outdoors, conservation of the environment.
    India and China are the largest populations and bare largest responsibility for over population of this planet.
    Unfortutely attitudes of modern societies today are to allow them to spread and increase their populations even more.
    But those attitudes will evenually change.

I think we just need to stay involved.
    1. Human over population
    2. Government burden and overreach

I think the great reckoning will come sooner than us losing our hunting heritage.
    The great reckoning will be a world wide unrest, or war, I don't know, between serfs-peasants and their overlords.
    Unfortunately people don't understand that this is all caused by human over population and scarcity of resources.
    You can see unrest everywhere around the world and it's always people against their governments.
    It's no longer nation against nation, race against race.
    It's people against their government.
    But, I think I will live to see the reckoning.
    Last edited by adriaticum; 04-21-2021 at 04:39 PM.
    1. Human over population
    2. Government burden and overreach

Quote Originally Posted by Surrey Boy View Post
    Legal hunting is about to be severely restricted.

European-Canadians had better band together if we don't want to suffer like South Africa.
    Bring it. I think comparing us to South Africa is a bit of a stretch but I do agree that we should band together and stand up for OUR rights.
    "Gun control"...... is hitting what you aim at!!!!

My point with australia was mainly about the gun restrictions...no semi-autos, no pump action shotguns and limited handguns and a limit to the amount of ammunition you can buy in a period...rifle ownership only if you prove first you are hunting and have a membership at the local gun club.
    "Our arrows will block out the sun!" "Then we shall fight in the dark!" K.L. Government is not the solution to our problem, it is the problem. R.R. “One of the great mistakes is to judge policies and programs by their intentions rather than their results.” M.F. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UClJ...fYFveARiWyqjQA