Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Outboard for fly in moose hunt

Outboard for fly in moose hunt

I was always a Honda guy so I purchased a brand new Honda 2.3 horsepower outboard for the fly in moose hunt in September. I used to have a 2 horse Honda years ago I didn't even pay attention but when I brought it home I noticed it was made in China anyone have experience with these Chinese made ones. I guess everything's made in China these days

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Outboard for fly in moose hunt

Hmm I wouldn't sweat it Honda makes good products..is it light? Paying for flying it in /out..speed isn't important usually reliability and light weight..
    IMO GREAT CHOICE.
    Cheers
    Srupp

Quote Originally Posted by srupp View Post
    Hmm I wouldn't sweat it Honda makes good products..is it light? Paying for flying it in /out..speed isn't important usually reliability and light weight..
    IMO GREAT CHOICE.
    Cheers
    Srupp
    Yes it weighs 30 lb it is air-cooled so no and tell her to worry about. Not everything made in China is bad

Shoud have bought a Tohatsu - made in Japan.
    WLM
    I have a very strict gun control policy: if there's a gun around, I want to be in control of it. - Clint Eastwood
    "Lots of critters to still shoot. And there'll be no quitters until we bag some critters" - 180grainer
    "Politicians should wear sponsor jackets like Nascar drivers, then we know who owns them" - Robin Williams

Flush the Turd!

Located and residing on the unceded territory of European Settler's traditional land.
    Click here to learn more 🖕

But heavier

Quote Originally Posted by sako79 View Post
    But heavier
    11 lbs the difference, that wouldn't bother me.
    WLM
    I have a very strict gun control policy: if there's a gun around, I want to be in control of it. - Clint Eastwood
    "Lots of critters to still shoot. And there'll be no quitters until we bag some critters" - 180grainer
    "Politicians should wear sponsor jackets like Nascar drivers, then we know who owns them" - Robin Williams

Flush the Turd!

Located and residing on the unceded territory of European Settler's traditional land.

Hmm All aircraft have weight limits..pilot..passengers.gear..believe Dehaviland Beaver 2200 pounds ?
    That extra trip will be $$$$ actually every pound counts..even extra 11..
    Cheers
    Srupp

The Tohatsu 3.5 hp is still only 41 lbs too - i like the 3.5 HP over the 2.5 RJ

Big foreign based companies have things made in China to their design and specifications, it's the smaller Chinese companies based in China to watch out for...
    . . . . .If I don't respond to your postings, maybe it is because you are on my "IGNORE" list
    . . . . . . . . . . . . I don't see the garbage you write. It's a wonderful tool

Quote Originally Posted by REMINGTON JIM View Post
    The Tohatsu 3.5 hp is still only 41 lbs too - i like the 3.5 HP over the 2.5 RJ
    Yes, may as well get the 3.5 HP for the extra HP.
    WLM

Flush the Turd!