I’m looking for info on spring bear hunting in Cariboo region.

I’ve been “hunting” for a few years now, more often than not unsuccessfully. Mostly due to living in the city, inexperience, not being able to spend enough time in the woods scouting, therefore not hunting at the right time at the right place, etc. So far, I was able to harvest a mule doe that I got on LEH, and a smaller black bear two years ago.

I know many people probably disagree, but I find the bear meat much better than deer. If I had a deer and a bear standing side by side, I would take the bear...
Which brings me to my quest for this year bear hunt.

I’m dedicating one week this year just for spring bear hunt. People seem to mention that there are tons of bears in the interior and I’m thinking about hunting there this year.

I will be going end of May first week of June. The plan is to hunt somewhere north of Williams lake, PG, up to maybe Vanderhoof, Mackenzie??? I don't know.

This will be pretty much the only opportunity for me to fill the freezer for this year. I would like to do everything I can to be successful. It is purely for meat, I don’t care about color or anything really, just that the bears are healthy.

The land is vast, departure day is getting closer, and I don’t know where to start. Is there anyone who lives in the area who wouldn’t mind helping out and point me in the right direction? Not asking for gps coordinates just perhaps areas that are known to hold bears, perhaps placed to avoid, etc. Just to get me started. Is that even the right time to be looking for bears there? Could I realistically fill two tags in a week there?

I would greatly appreciate if anyone could help me out.

Thank you.
Stu