Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Spring bear in Cariboo help?

Exclamation Re: Spring bear in Cariboo help?

Quote Originally Posted by Stu View Post
    Not really bear hunting specific but I have some other questions about the region to help me better prepare.

What is the weather like that time of the year?
    Freezing overnight, warm during day? Can be
    Should I expect lots of rain or is it mostly dry that time of the year? Can have rain, also can get first sunburn of the year
    How bad are the bugs? Mosquitoes yeah. But they won't kill you
    How about ticks? Are they a problem there? I've only ever managed to get one tick on me

Re: Spring bear in Cariboo help?

North of Vanderhoof is an awesome area for hunting and fishing. Locate a forestry campground on a lake and enjoy.
    Breakfast and lunch. Dolphin lake.
    The challenge of retirement is how to spend time without spending money.
    The worst day slinging lead is still better than the best day working.
    Look around is there someone you can introduce to shooting because that’s the only way we will buck the anti gun trend sweeping Canada! "tigrr 2006"

The 6 wolf pack has killed and eaten the bears north of Horsefly, right in their den. I will be travelling for my spring bear.
    Might see you in the Vanderhoof area. Or Burns Lake area.
    The challenge of retirement is how to spend time without spending money.
    The worst day slinging lead is still better than the best day working.
    Look around is there someone you can introduce to shooting because that’s the only way we will buck the anti gun trend sweeping Canada! "tigrr 2006"

Come on out to Nimpo Lake /Anahim Lake area, lots of spring bear with little pressure. pm me if you wish.

Quote Originally Posted by robert05 View Post
    Come on out to Nimpo Lake /Anahim Lake area, lots of spring bear with little pressure. pm me if you wish.
    Big ass bears out there too

Hmm yes Warren is correct..some big ass bears out West too..
    Was to guide for wounded warriors..client got his leave cancelied literally last moment..
    Chilcotin Hillbilly had me take him out..first day first 2 hours Mr.Hillbilly harvested an amazing large brown phase bear..lots of scars..fighter..lover..
    Some really nice bears..big well furred bears..because of higher elevation hides remain primo later..but now most all that area is off limits...
    However other areas not in land claim settlement still have very good bear populations..the area just west of aniham/tatla..before the Bella Cool a hill holds great #s..warning grizzlies in the area too.
    Srupp

Robert105 Warnikilz. SRupp

This is where I have a problem as I do not want to encounter problematic natives ! I know you have mentioned before about west of Williams Lake being problematic for this reason .

I have hunted many years ago Sapeye Lake .Miner Lake is that still friendly towards us Caucasian’s ?

Arctic Lake
    Member of CCFR Would encourage you all to join today !
    Read Teddy Roosevelt “ The Man In The Arena “ !

Nice fish Tigrr ! I have a friend in Vanderhoof who I put in with for LEH Bull Moose draw each year . I was considering Dolphin as a possible location for moose hunting .
    Arctic Lake
    Quote Originally Posted by tigrr View Post
    North of Vanderhoof is an awesome area for hunting and fishing. Locate a forestry campground on a lake and enjoy.
    Breakfast and lunch. Dolphin lake.
    Member of CCFR Would encourage you all to join today !
    Read Teddy Roosevelt “ The Man In The Arena “ !

the 6 wolf pack has killed and eaten the bears north of horsefly, right in their den. I will be travelling for my spring bear.
    Might see you in the vanderhoof area. Or burns lake area.
    Huh rj

The 6 wolf pack has killed and eaten the bears north of Horsefly, right in their den. I will be travelling for my spring bear.
    Might see you in the Vanderhoof area. Or Burns Lake area.
    Why do you think it was the wolves that killed the bears in the den? I would be more inclined to think a hungry grizzly would do the digging. Grizzlies are more than capable to dig out black bear dens than wolves. Lot of dirt to move. This grizzly digs out enough dirt to just about bury himself. Up near Whitecourt Alberta. Video shot by Logan Hunter.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ziib-MZ5IXY
    ".....It will be far easier to limit and undo the follies of a Trudeau government than to restore the necessary common sense and good judgment to a depraved electorate willing to have such a man for their prime minister......​"