Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Mid-Sized Canvas tent advice...

Re: Mid-Sized Canvas tent advice...

No Canadian dealers for Seek Outside at the moment. I just ordered a Redcliff last week. Flat rate shipping is only $20 and it is duty exempt as it is a USA product (sewn in Colorado). I will have a SO 4 man tipi up for sale soon with a Liteoutdoors stove and LBO nest. If that interests you feel free to PM me.

Quote Originally Posted by Blacktail 270 View Post
    Have look at Liteoutdoors tents and stoves. I bought a Isola4 and a 18" stove. It is a two person, stove, gear light weight tipitent. I slept in it friday night at -3 and it was raining hard and then turned into freezing rain. Woke up with tent all frozen, unzipped the bag and lit a fire in the stove. In three minutes the tent was warm and I was sitting up. I bought this setup for backpacking hiking into hunting areas as well as quading into spots that are real close to my hunting/fishing. I believe this setup will allow me to stay closer and warmer/drier in my spots that need that extra time to get to.
    Thanks so much for this suggestion. I'll have to look into these but canadian made piques my interest, as well as the condensation liner... plus quite light weight... Might just fit the bill.

TJ

Timberjack,

I am looking for something similar and really like the Liteoutdoors tipis. Another option that was presented to me was Polar Bear Wall tents. Apparently they make a lightweight (non canvas) wall tent that is quite packable.

I considered this carefully but I ultimately decided against going that route as I already have a 10x12 Deluxe Wall tents and don't need 2 wall tents.

So I'm back to looking at tipis. Anyhow, these polar bear tents may be an option for you. PM Hermit. He knows the owner and has first hand experience with these products

Quote Originally Posted by Ron.C View Post
    Timberjack,

I am looking for something similar and really like the Liteoutdoors tipis. Another option that was presented to me was Polar Bear Wall tents. Apparently they make a lightweight (non canvas) wall tent that is quite packable.

I considered this carefully but I ultimately decided against going that route as I already have a 10x12 Deluxe Wall tents and don't need 2 wall tents.

So I'm back to looking at tipis. Anyhow, these polar bear tents may be an option for you. PM Hermit. He knows the owner and has first hand experience with these products
    Thanks Ron. Similar to me... I've got to be careful that I don't end up with something that is just a smaller version of what I've already got... the lighter weight options continue to catch my eye...

Cheers,
    TJ

Yes the Polar Bear Equipment lightweight is a good option. Made here in Sidney BC.

I had a 8x10x5 with a lightweight frame and a seek outside packable titanium stove. Great set up for quad, canoe, plane, jet boat trips. https://www.facebook.com/polarbearequipment/ Call and speak to Jim Ross
    "When you judge another you don't define them, you define yourself."

Thanks Hermit! I’ll pull em up on my computer when I get home!

TJ

I have the SO Cimmaron.
    One thing to consider, you can't stand up up the Cimmaron, Redcliff is larger, or 8 Man Tipi.
    YouTube is your friend for researching Seek Outside Tipis, some good videos show size comparison.

get a robertson made from Sail Cloth! weighs about 7Lbs, sleeps 3 comfortable, 4 is a squeeze!

I have a Lite Outdoors tipi with their large titanium wood stove. My hunting partner and I purchased it for late season backpack mule deer hunting and it serves its purpose very well. We’ve also taken it on a later season stone sheep hunt. It weighs about 8 lbs all in and fits 2 guys with a stove and all our gear very spaciously. It’s not ideal for all applications but definitely fits the bill for those non truck access later season hunts.

I have a 10x14 Kodiak Canvas.
    Can put it up BY MYSELF in 5 mins and take down in similar time. I would not call it light but it is dry, warm and has been great.