Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 3D Events in 2021?

3D Events in 2021?

Is anyone aware of any 3D events in BC, coming up in 2021?

It seems COVID took them all out even though they seem like the perfect "small group, socially distanced" event. I saw some events in 2020 but wasn't confident enough in my skills at that time to commit to any.

2. Site Sponsor

Re: 3D Events in 2021?

I hear that theres one going ahead in Port Coquitlam, and talk of one of the Kootenays clubs planning (tbc) but that's the only ones thats being banded around right now that I know of.

Kamloops won't be, probably just do some "in house" shoots as the club is otherwise open. Everyone I have spoke to who is involved at club level in the interior are not touching it, talking about later in the year and re-evaluating at best, but mostly the feedback is not this year.

I don't blame them either, shoots are hard enough on the few volunteers, add this BS into the mix and potential for falling foul of the new rules, even the perception of risking a spread - regardless of what you believe, not worth it.

Lots complaints about it all, "but golf!?" etc, etc, etc, but not from people who actually do the work.

How about now? Maybe 100 Mile House or Cherryville fro a Trad 3D shoot?

The Semiahmoo Club in south Surrey is having a 3D shoot on July 17/18 I understand.

Quote Originally Posted by SteelyDan View Post
    The Semiahmoo Club in south Surrey is having a 3D shoot on July 17/18 I understand.
    Somehow I have a hard time believing that.
    The website is off, domain has not been renewed.
    Semiahmoo is closed until further notice the way I understand.
    the club is basically done, unless a new agm is called and current executive removed.
    1. Human over population
    2. Government burden and overreach

Well as one of the helpers setting up the course for the 3D at Semiamhoo I can assure you that the shoot will be on Saturday July 17 and Sunday July 18.

So the 3d shoot is fully a go at sfgc. Clearly the person is very misinformed and has no clue what they are talking about. The club is open and operating and archery is happening

abbotsford next weekend
    1. Human over population

Quote Originally Posted by griz660 View Post
    Well as one of the helpers setting up the course for the 3D at Semiamhoo I can assure you that the shoot will be on Saturday July 17 and Sunday July 18.
    That's good news. I am guessing it will be a small event since it's not advertised anywhere.
    1. Human over population

Quote Originally Posted by cslr11 View Post
    So the 3d shoot is fully a go at sfgc. Clearly the person is very misinformed and has no clue what they are talking about. The club is open and operating and archery is happening
    You're funny
    1. Human over population