Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Where to try on BOOTS

Where to try on BOOTS

Hi all like the title says I am looking at getting into a more serious hunting/hiking boot for my upcoming sheep hunts. I have worn Irish setters for the last ten years or so but mostly moose and deer hunted low never really having to sidehill or climb very much.I have read alot of threads on hear and know that personal fit is the most important thing but my question is what store would provide me with the most knowledgeable sales persons to help me get the right fit.

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Where to try on BOOTS

Skyview outdoors at 101 – 12355 Pattullo Place
    Surrey, BC V3V 8C3
    I feel more like i do now than i did before i got here

i got my hanwags from valhalla pure outfitters, they had a great selection and knowledgeable info on the boots when asking

Quote Originally Posted by "skma" View Post
    i got my hanwags from valhalla pure outfitters, they had a great selection and knowledgeable info on the boots when asking

that the store in Vernon? Was there on the weekend, definitely had a good choice of hiking and camping gear.

Yah, I second Skyview Outdoors
    Hanwag, Scarpa, Merrel, Columbia, Asolo
    1. Human over population
    2. Government burden and overreach

Thanks guys I will check out Skyview Outdoors and Valhalla. I just wanted to make sure the sales people knew their stuff. I see BPS has Zamberland boots but the staff at BPS are brain dead and seems to me that there boots are on the high side for cost.

Quote Originally Posted by dru88 View Post
    Thanks guys I will check out Skyview Outdoors and Valhalla. I just wanted to make sure the sales people knew their stuff. I see BPS has Zamberland boots but the staff at BPS are brain dead and seems to me that there boots are on the high side for cost.

i run two different Zamberlans, the Tofane NW GT is the best boot I’ve ever worn. Expensive, yes but made in Italy with welsh stitch replaceable soles ! Worth every dollar. Going on 3 seasons with this pair, including winter hunting! My pair before this lasted 2012-2018 being worn damn near daily.

a lot of people can’t afford to spend that on a boot, but if you can don’t hesitate. Extremely durable and comfortable.

����Valhalla in Abbotsford for my hanwags
    Duck tape can fix everything but stupid

Thanks for posting your sources fellas as I’m going to be looking for boots to fit my bunion, Hanwag manes a bunion boot .
    I may try them before I go ahead with surgery on the bunion . Apparently Hanwag bunion boot is sold by the Right Shoes Store in Vancouver
    ArcticLake
    Member of CCFR Would encourage you all to join today !
    Read Teddy Roosevelt “ The Man In The Arena “ !

Fishers hardware in Vernon sells hanwags....and is an awesome local business