Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Tents!

Re: Tents!

I picked up a Marmot Limelight 3P. Check it out on youtube probably be on the lower end of the scale of the brands you mentioned but I love mine! A lot of thought went into this design angled poles for more side room, 2 larger vestibules and two doors, pretty sweet. Aorund 7Lbs not the smallest or lightest but the trade offs worked for me.

Look at the Mountain Hardware Aspect 3. I bought this to try on this years sheep hunt. Light, well built and has extra tie downs when needed. My old tent has seen better days.

https://www.mountainhardwear.ca/en/p...t-1830091.html
    If you can pack it in, You can pack it out !!!

UNITED WE STAND, DIVIDED WE FALL !!!

BCWF
    WSSBC
    CCFR
    " The secret of change is to focus all your energy, not on fighting the old, but building on the new"
    Socrates.

If you're willing to consider floorless shelters there are a ton of options that are significantly lighter, arguably equal quality and strength to the Hilliberg's and generally cheaper.

You can also add an inner liner depending on the conditions.

It's basically all I'll use now for any style of camping.

Quote Originally Posted by Harv View Post
    thanks for the info! how is the condensation in the tent after a few wet days? is there any Canadian retailers for hilleberg?
    Condensation can be an issue in any tent depending on ventilation and weather conditions. 4 season tents are more sealed up than a 3 season so you have to make sure you open up the vents to help. If outside humidity is high, or minimal air movement, then ventilation might not help. The nice thing about a tipi style is the condensation will run down the wall and soak into the ground. No floor to pool up on. If you rub the walls you’ll get wet, but the same thing can happen when you rub the wall in double wall tent. The water just quickly soaks through the inner layer and gets on you. I think condensation issues between a single wall tipi style and a more classic double wall tent aren’t that different. Pick the tent style that suits your needs the best and condensation can be dealt with.

Ive been in a storm in a Nallo 3 where the humidity in the air was so high that it was basically a continuous rain storm in the tent. Absolutely nothing to do about it except hope the tent and you survive the storm.
    Ive also had nights in 3 season tents where the condensation would drip from the outer wall onto the inner wall, then drip in my face all night long.
    Last edited by mod7rem; 03-22-2021 at 12:09 PM.

I have been doing a lot of research on tents. I’m torn between the hilleberg Anjan 3gt and the seek outside cimarron.

Quote Originally Posted by mod7rem View Post
    The nice thing about a tipi style is the condensation will run down the wall and soak into the ground. No floor to pool up on.
    True, unless it is windy and then the condensation can get shaken off of the inside wall and gently rains down on you... Having at good 3" of air space around the bottom of the tipi makes for pretty much nothing for condensation though.

I’ve used a big Agnes copper spur 3, I bought the three because I had a one person and the one person was too small, I’ve realized the three is just a bit big for solo.
    I love the tent but am considering something smaller for myself.
    my hunting partners refuse to share a tent anymore cause I snore like a freight train, and kick like a mule in my sleep. So a smaller tent for one is in my cards I guess.

So if your looking for a big Agnes copper spur ul 3...... I might be selling it to downgrade/downsize.

Did the copper spur work well? Did you find that the floor is really thin?

Seek Outside is having a blemish sale this Thursday. Takes a bit of the sting out of the exchange. I bought an LBO off their last blem sale and for the life of me can’t really figure out where the blem is.

LBO is a pretty cool design. Modular, so you can make it anything you want from an emergency tarp for one up to about a 4 man tent, all depending on what you need and how light you want to pack

[QUOTE=mod7rem;2241886]Condensation can be an issue in any tent depending on ventilation and weather conditions. 4 season tents are more sealed up than a 3 season so you have to make sure you open up the vents to help. If outside humidity is high, or minimal air movement, then ventilation might not help. The nice thing about a tipi style is the condensation will run down the wall and soak into the ground. No floor to pool up on. If you rub the walls you’ll get wet, but the same thing can happen when you rub the wall in double wall tent. The water just quickly soaks through the inner layer and gets on you. I think condensation issues between a single wall tipi style and a more classic double wall tent aren’t that different. Pick the tent style that suits your needs the best and condensation can be dealt with.

Ive been in a storm in a Nallo 3 where the humidity in the air was so high that it was basically a continuous rain storm in the tent. Absolutely nothing to do about it except hope the tent and you survive the storm.
    Ive also had nights in 3 season tents where the condensation would drip from the outer wall onto the inner wall, then drip in my face all night long.[/

Not sure if youve tried this or not but put a small sponge in your tent, it works great for wiping condensation off the inside of the tent and just wring it out in the vestibule, ive done it on a few trips now and it works awesome