Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Morton Calls For DFO Heads to Roll

Exclamation Morton Calls For DFO Heads to Roll

And backs that with some rather disturbing FOI revelations...

Dear Senior DFO Staff Some Must Step Away from the Fish

"These are just three of many examples where senior DFO management withheld critical information which served to protect the salmon farming industry while causing Fraser River sockeye and other salmon severe harm.

Your conduct has also crippled the salmon farming industry. You removed any incentive from the industry to meet the standards Canadians expect to protect wild salmon and thus you have made the industry wholly dependent on your capacity to suppress science. Had your approach been more responsible (honest), BC would have a flourishing wild salmon economy and be a leader in the more sustainable methods of farming salmon that have captured global investment.

Given how entrenched this behaviour has become, I believe early retirement or transfer away from decisions affecting wild salmon will have to come to a significant number of senior staff.

https://alexandramorton.typepad.com/...uppressed.html
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zVNNhzkJ-UU&feature=related

Egotistical, Self Centered, Son of a Bitch Killer that Doesn't Play Well With Others.

Guess he got to Know me

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Morton Calls For DFO Heads to Roll

In general Morton was never taken seriously enough by Joe Public. many anglers didn't like the early recommendations.
    Never say whoa in the middle of a mud hole

Stepping away from the fish is not exactly head rolling.
    I'd be more in support of the head rolling, than stepping away.
    ****ing ****s have lied throught their teeth for over 20 years.
    1. Human over population
    2. Government burden and overreach

Arrow Re: Morton Calls For DFO Heads to Roll

Quote Originally Posted by adriaticum View Post
    ... ****ing ****s have lied through their teeth for over 20 years.
    Longer than that.

My public reply to Alex:

Well said Alex, well said indeed. I have worked with and alongside DFO for decades. From that it was not at all difficult to ascertain upper "management" bureaucrats, unaccountable to anyone but themselves, largely call the shots within the Ministry. And IMO, those shots have but rarely been in favor of their mandate, but much more so favoring the bureaucrats' continued job security. Many in those upper tiers are incompetent, and many carry levels of corruption that would get them dismissed instantly in the private world. Withholding information from their Minister is not a tactic reserved for salmon farms exclusively, for we have witnessed multiple serious infractions of the same regarding overall fisheries management on our (BC) Coast. It is well past time that most of the senior bureaucrats in Vancouver & Ottawa are reigned in, and forced to either conduct themselves in a manner aligning explicitly with their mandate, or get the hell out of the way and let someone who will fill their positions.

Cheers,
    Matt

Egotistical, Self Centered, Son of a Bitch Killer that Doesn't Play Well With Others.

Guess he got to Know me

Very interesting. This bit of her recommendations has me interested though:

• Extend an invitation to First Nations to fill DFO director-level positions affecting wild salmon.
    • Create a new position –Director of Wild Salmon, Pacific Region – and fund it generously to hit the ground running, in partnership with First Nations, to harness the remarkable DFO science that allows the salmon immune system to tell us how and where we are destroying them,
    Why the emphasis on indians? Is there a reason they're more qualified in fisheries management? Do they have education and training that surpasses people who are not indians? How about we have WESTERN CANADIANS fill those roles and partner together with WESTERN CANADIANS...no matter their ethnicity.

Morton is a god damn nut case . Who care what that stunned twat has to say.

Quote Originally Posted by Blacktail1 View Post
    Morton is a god damn nut case . Who care what that stunned twat has to say.
    Because regardless of your personal issues, in this case she happens to be bang on.
    And backs that with fact.

Cheers,
    Nog

Guess he got to Know me

Alexandra Morton is nothing more than a charlatan who is only interested in generating money for herself while feeding her super sized ego. She is cut from the exact same cloth as people who are trying to stop hunting and legal gun owners using misinformation and scare tactics. If you embrace her style of junk science to promote her cause then you should also embrace the anti's who are trying to take away other freedoms we enjoy. No thanks.
    "stupid branch got in the way...."

Regardless of anyone's thoughts / opinions regarding The Messenger in this case, the message is REAL.
    Focus on that just for a moment.

Thanks,
    Nog

Guess he got to Know me

Well, firstly, the DFO is using the FN for an excuse right now not to come out with a proper decision on the current
    salmon regs out here between mainland and island, or at least the minister is.
    I know Jason Tonelli is not happy right now with the DFO and the Minister in charge.

So, i am okay with heads rolling, but care less what morton has to say about who should take over.
    Replacing one snake head for another potentially, imo.

But, there are too many people who work just below ministers, both federally or provincially who are around forever,
    regardless of who their minister is, that probably are are real big issue to why we have so many problems, salmon and wildlife.
    It only takes one or 2 clowns in that chain to F it all up.