Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Morton Calls For DFO Heads to Roll

Exclamation Re: Morton Calls For DFO Heads to Roll

First head to roll:
    Andrew Thompson - Pacific Region Regional Director.
    Lateral transfer about to take place.
    Basically a demotion to a portfolio he has no experience with (typical for DFO btw...)
    Confirmed and in the works.
    You heard it here first.

Wonder who is next...

Nog
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zVNNhzkJ-UU&feature=related

Egotistical, Self Centered, Son of a Bitch Killer that Doesn't Play Well With Others.

Guess he got to Know me

Re: Morton Calls For DFO Heads to Roll

Quote Originally Posted by IronNoggin View Post
    First head to roll:
    Andrew Thompson - Pacific Region Regional Director.
    Lateral transfer about to take place.
    Basically a demotion to a portfolio he has no experience with (typical for DFO btw...)
    Confirmed and in the works.
    You heard it here first.

Wonder who is next...

Nog
    Stopping by Pacific Anglers in a few minutes anyways.
    I will let Jason know if he hasn't heard already!
    Cheers.

So, talked to Jason @ PA.
    Overall, he was "not" overly elated by the possible news. (doesn't think it is the real problem)

For him, he is trying to decide if he should still continue to hire guides for this season (fyi, they were looking for some if
    anyone was interested).
    Or, if he should be selling 2 of his boats!!

His dealings with them have been miserable.
    They say there is a possibility for some changes coming to this season and salmon retention etc.
    They say "oh ya, there is going to be an answer tomorrow", but then nothing happens.

Seems like his issue is more with the minister in charge and her liaison right below her (cant remember her name or position).

Minister are politicians more concerned about "getting votes".
    And the folks below them that hold the main jobs, dont ever get removed more times then not, and a few of them seem to be
    anti sports man/woman.

As for the woman against the fish farms, she has been on it for years, like 15 now, to get rid of them.
    Some of her concepts are down right stupid, imo, but she is right about the farms.
    So, give a person credit where credit is due and fight them on the stuff they are actually wrong about.
    That way you stay credible yourself, imo.

Alexandra Morton is already hinting that sport fishing should also be stopped. So yeah you can follow her if you like but I am going to go with a hard pass. Sick and tired of so many of these radical activists who have no clue as to what is really going on.
    "stupid branch got in the way...."

Quote Originally Posted by Neckshot View Post
    Alexandra Morton is already hinting that sport fishing should also be stopped. So yeah you can follow her if you like but I am going to go with a hard pass. Sick and tired of so many of these radical activists who have no clue as to what is really going on.
    There is no doubt she will go after other groups. And it won't be the natives who by the way have no love for sporties. The fight over Fish Farming for the last 20 years has deflected a lot of attention to in my mind are the bigger issues of habitat destruction, loss of control of native fishing in rivers and a defunding and loss of focus of DFO. Alex is a snake and once she has used you will turn on you.

Quote Originally Posted by Neckshot View Post
    Like i said, when it comes to fish farms, she is correct.
    As for anything else she stands for, i agree, she can go take a flying F***.

Quote Originally Posted by Keta1969 View Post
    There is no doubt she will go after other groups. And it won't be the natives who by the way have no love for sporties. The fight over Fish Farming for the last 20 years has deflected a lot of attention to in my mind are the bigger issues of habitat destruction, loss of control of native fishing in rivers and a defunding and loss of focus of DFO. Alex is a snake and once she has used you will turn on you.

She sounds just like Andrew Weaver!
    "When you judge another you don't define them, you define yourself."