Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Behind the glass hunting podcast? BHA?

Re: Behind the glass hunting podcast? BHA?

Quote Originally Posted by Would Rather Be Fishing View Post
    Manipulative.... He would have made a great politician.... Well, I guess, in a way he is. I agree with many here that is is really a shame the host didn't pick up on it, provided him an audience and, in essence, supported him.
    Maybe the aussie figured it out in the end. But by then he got one in the kiester
    1. Human over population
    2. Government burden and overreach

Adriaticum:

"Am I out to lunch?"

Maybe you misheard or misinterpreted something. No big deal. BCWF and Raincoast have participated with other groups on a Fraser River salmon habitat project, but both Chris Darimont and all the guys I know at BCWF (ie, Board of Directors and staff) are very clear on where we stand in relation to each other. Chris Darimont *has not* found a friendly audience with BCWF, and in fact the recent letter writing campaigns by both WSS and BCWF are pretty clear indications that both those organizations have a really clear idea of what Raincoast is about.

I think it's easy for me to say that. Chris Darimont recognizes it was well, I'm sure. Again, in case I haven't said it before, I know Chris Darimont
    slightly, and I've communicated with him a lot, and I kind of like him.

He's not on the same side of the issue as I am and I do not think he has a reasonable position that stands up to criticism, but I also don't think I'm ever going to change his mind or his motivations. I'd probably do better with Rebeka Breder

Rob Chipman
    "The idea of wilderness needs no defense, it only needs defenders" - Ed Abbey
    "Grown men do not need leaders" - also Ed Abbey

Gave the podcast a listen - or at least a portion of it. Its clear that Chris came into it very under-educated on the topics particularly considering who he was talking with. Its a shame he did little to challenge Darimot and his naritive. The lack of debate and simply accepting Dairmont's statements turned it from a two person discussion to an hour of Dairmont speaking his mind while Chris sat on the side nodding his head.

I get it -Chris is trying to continue to grow his podcast and challenging guests isn't a very effective way of enticing other guests to come on BUT with that being said it was very frustrating to listen to and a shame that Dairmont presented so well while Chris just sat there. To be honest, I find it shocking that after editting he didn't realize how poor of a job he did of representing hunters and canned the episode. Either way whats done is done.

Maybe I'll practice what I preach and start a podcast where I have anti-hunting advocates on so we can have educated debates on their hurt feelings versus my facts - Dont forget to subscribe! :P

I listened to the podcast again, fully awake (first time I listened to it was while trying to fall asleep).
    I have to first apologize to Rob and the BCWF, the organization that Darimont has the ear of is BC Hunters and Anglers, not BCWF.
    Chris Pryn, is a chair on of BC Hunters and Anglers, not BCWF.

On second listen, without writing a whole essay Pryn did declare that his podcast is "not a debate, not an argument, not anything confrontational".
    Perhaps we expected too much.
    So he just gave an anti hunting organization a platform to slander hunters and paint them as blood thirsty killers with knives in their teeth looking for blood.

I would recommend Pryn go back to his roots on his podcast and talk about "pooping posture" and leave hunting and conservation to those who care and know.
    Pryn is a lightweight who could be lead thirsty across the Nile and he wouldn't think to take a drink of water.
    1. Human over population
    2. Government burden and overreach

^^^ No apology required. Easy mistake, all cleared up, no harm no foul.
    Rob Chipman
    "The idea of wilderness needs no defense, it only needs defenders" - Ed Abbey
    "Grown men do not need leaders" - also Ed Abbey

Listened to it as well. It was very strange. Chris danced around the tough questions and just fed him softball pitches.

He spent a lot of time talking about nothing and also his inability to learn from his mistakes and screwed up two previous podcasts he tried to record. Due to these mixups he was able to do some reading and research on the topic which 100% not apparent.

He had an opportunity to have a respectable debate but he completely dropped the ball. If he is a hunter he should know how important a proper discussion is to us to understand the point of that ****ing waste of a paper he drafted up to appease his university and his hakai and rainforest funders.

The tone of that paper was arrogant and after listening to that bonehead talk it definitely matched his personality.

Chris ****ed up and should have showed his fellow hunters more respect. I really hope someone from BHA has a chat with him. It was tough to listen to him and I was left wondering why the hell his buddy connected them but didn't participate in the interview.

Just so much dumb

What is BHA s stance on prexator hunting? Or Trophy hunting for animals like sheep and goats?
    "Our arrows will block out the sun!" "Then we shall fight in the dark!" K.L. Government is not the solution to our problem, it is the problem. R.R. “One of the great mistakes is to judge policies and programs by their intentions rather than their results.” M.F. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UClJ...fYFveARiWyqjQA

Hey Chris Pryn...we can see you hiding under the sheets.

Everyone wants their 30 seconds of fame and a couple grand in free gear from sponsors.

some people have no business representing bc resident hunters.

Quote Originally Posted by RackStar View Post
    Everyone wants their 30 seconds of fame and a couple grand in free gear from sponsors.

some people have no business representing bc resident hunters.
    Bingo... 100% truth