Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 2021 Solo Goat Hunt Film is up!

2021 Solo Goat Hunt Film is up!

Hey guys,

I was fortunate enough to spend a week solo hunting mountain goats in the mountains of northwestern BC. I tried to capture the story as best I could. I hope you enjoy it. As always, if you have any questions or comments please don't hesitate to get in touch or drop them below.

https://youtu.be/Q1RgpMC4prU

I also recorded a semi-live podcast during the trip that tells a different perspective of the same story.
    https://www.mindfulhunter.com/podcast/episode-15

2. Site Sponsor

Re: 2021 Solo Goat Hunt Film is up!

Awesome!! I listened to the podcast a few days ago I think, really enjoyed it!

I solo winter hunted goats a lot up until the last couple years, never successful in pulling a trigger, but alway successful in finding an adventure. Looking forward to giving this a watch!

thanks for sharing. I'll give it a watch. Opening images and edits look great.

Curious what fps you shoot in and what editing software you use?

As if hunting solo isn't hard enough... bring a camera and document it! Thanks for the video

Great video, thanks for sharing. I can't imagine solo hunting let alone self filming, great job.
    Proud Member of Team Gold Bond

Originally Posted by F***** D***
    some "people" tend to use the paneling in the living room to fuel their fires.
    Quote Originally Posted by hunter1947 View Post
    I think I do perrty good for only having grad 7 education

Thanks as always for the support guys!

So, funny story, on the second day I thought my main camera, Sony a7iii with Sigma 24-70mm lens was nuked due to moisture so 99% of the footage in this film was recorded on two GoPro 9's. If you know what you're doing with the settings and in post you can actually get some decent footage out of a GoPro. All the slo-mo stuff was GoPro footage shot at 1080 240fps. On my main camera I normally shoot 4k 24fps. I edit in Adobe Premiere and use After Effects, Lightroom Classic and Photoshop when needed.

I listen to your podcast all the time, some real good content. Can't wait to watch the film!

Quote Originally Posted by Grasp View Post
    Thanks as always for the support guys!

So, funny story, on the second day I thought my main camera, Sony a7iii with Sigma 24-70mm lens was nuked due to moisture so 99% of the footage in this film was recorded on two GoPro 9's. If you know what you're doing with the settings and in post you can actually get some decent footage out of a GoPro. All the slo-mo stuff was GoPro footage shot at 1080 240fps. On my main camera I normally shoot 4k 24fps. I edit in Adobe Premiere and use After Effects, Lightroom Classic and Photoshop when needed.
    Thank you!
    I just randomly won the WSSBC sitka dewpoint door price and was chating with adam foss. He also recommended 24fps. I was a 60fps. I think I'll shoot in 1080 for file size. Looking forward to the vid and podcast. thanks again for sharing.

Great video and beautiful country.
    If you can pack it in, You can pack it out !!!

UNITED WE STAND, DIVIDED WE FALL !!!

BCWF
    WSSBC
    CCFR
    " The secret of change is to focus all your energy, not on fighting the old, but building on the new"
    Socrates.

My head is cold cause my hat is off to you for being able to do that hunt solo and FILM it. That's some TOUGH going.