Thread: There is no offseason...

There is no offseason...

At the end of hunting season CRS on this site and I organize a group of volunteers to work on our Pittwaterfowlers Wood Duck nestbox project. I've posted pictures of our trailcam pictures here and will have more to put up sometime in April.
    Last saturday, Chris and I invited our volunteers to Pitt Meadows Gunclub to build nestboxes for the coming year. Burly Boys Tree Service donated rough cedar planks made on an Alaska Mill. My buddy Mark and I cut them into planks for the boxes. These will be the best boxes we've put out in the 9 years we've been doing this. New design will make cleaning out every year easier and keep the interior dryer too.
    We plan to erect a number of boxes up above Neaves rd on the lower North and South Alouette rivers this year and our crew put 35 boxes together at the club for this and replacing boxes in our existing areas that are damaged by bears. Isaiah gets credit for putting in some extra time fixing swallow boxes that were donated but needing repair. We hope the 13 we have will keep some swallows out of our duck boxes in Pitt Addington this spring!
    With the covid restrictions, we kept it small, spaced out everyone in their "bubble" and family group. Great to introduce kids and grandkids to this project!

Buddi doing what she does best!

2. Site Sponsor

Re: There is no offseason...

Special thanks to Reliable Gun and Kent Cartridge for supporting our efforts!

Buddi doing what she does best!

Re: There is no offseason...

Again, more good things being done by a good group of people. Well done!
    "Guns kill people like spoons made Rosie O'Donel fat"