Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Canada Post - for anyone who has any problems shipping their guns for sale

Canada Post - for anyone who has any problems shipping their guns for sale

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.680...ed-ottawa/amp/

I'm pretty sure this happens all the time. How many have you have had it where you showed home and a gun box is sitting on your front door step? They really have to start pretending they're and actual company that has consequences for this type of thing.

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Canada Post - for anyone who has any problems shipping their guns for sale

If you look on their website they have changed their guidelines for shipping firearms. You now need to send it as “age restricted” and it will be automatically held at the post office. I have tried to ship a number of thing with signature required but the clerks are saying don’t bother because with COVID they aren’t asking for signatures

Yup. Although this was years ago. My gun was left outside the front door. Maybe instead of banning guns, Justin could direct his crown org to ship them safely.

Get "Flex Delivery" and pick the post office where you want certain parcels delivered.
    You will be notified by email. ID is required when picking up which is just another level of insurance.
    Create a "business account" and use some BS Business like shipping custom horseshoes!
    Treat them like mother. What they don't know won't hurt them.
    Free shipping in November . . . use it to your advantage and share your shipping # with persons shipping to you.
    When you want to avoid shipping problems, build your own box out of 1x4 and plywood . . . best insurance.
    Spiral nails on the bottom and screws on the "TOP". They don't like slivers so duct tape the edges.
    Scale the box down to under one metre as the rate goes up. Never had a rifle damaged nor lost.
    Last edited by horseman2; 03-13-2021 at 07:39 AM.

I just sent two off and yes "age restricted" and " signature required" was written all over the box. My son in law came home the other day and found a handgun he ordered sitting on his front step!!

Canada Post is one of the worst. Had my gates open to my place for a delivery a couple weeks ago and the lazy prick wouldn’t drive up the driveway and left a card at my community mailbox. Another government agency that should be privatized as there is zero recourse for lazy people. And this is only one of the shipping problems I’ve had over the years.
    If you can pack it in, You can pack it out !!!

UNITED WE STAND, DIVIDED WE FALL !!!

BCWF
    WSSBC
    CCFR
    " The secret of change is to focus all your energy, not on fighting the old, but building on the new"
    Socrates.

I had a tolkarev surplus pistol delivered to me years ago and they forgot to ask my wife for a signature when she picked it up. The postmaster called me a week later to inform me I had a package missing, I’m guessing she wanted to start an insurance claim. It was a small town(and she happened to be my neighbour) so I explained the situation and signed the slip for her. Even after I told her I had the package, she still insisted my package was missing, it took some convincing.

This is still bad press for gun owners. The antis will exploit a story like this to show people how irresponsible we are and how easy it is for these evil firearms to fall into the hands of civilians.
    If you don't read the newspaper, you're uninformed. If you read the newspaper, you're mis-informed.

Yup. I’ve said it a million times. Canada Post sucks. UPS is right there with them. I had one shotgun hand delivered to me on a Sunday last April at the height of the “pandemic”, but the one I picked up yesterday sat at the post office for two days after the delivery notice was left in my mailbox. They said “oh,you need to allow us time to enter it in the system”. I said “or you could just deliver it to my house like I paid for!” I sent one out to Edmonton at the same time I picked up one coming from New Brunswick. Hopefully the new owner of my 101 gets it in one piece. He didn’t want to pay for insurance on it, but knowing how bad CP is, I paid for it for him...
    If we’re not supposed to eat animals, how come they’re made out of meat?

BHA, BCWF, CCFR, PETA, Lever Action Addict.

In January CP left a gun propped up against my mailbox cause they didn’t want to come up my driveway. (1400ft off the road). It was a part time employee hired on for the holidays.

I got the app notification that it was delivered to my front door. It was a good thing my wife was home to go out and look around for it.

Just two weeks ago I had a call from a neighbour the next block over letting me know that CP has left a package on their doorstep with my name on it.
    Sure enough it was a rifle.