Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Cimarron-who has one?

Re: Cimarron-who has one?

I brought mine for a test drive in the back yard last night with my two boys. I pitched it close to the ground to see how bad the condensation would be and it was almost nil. It was fairly windy and 5-6 degrees. It sure started flapping around in the wind, so I extended the pole in the middle of the night and it quiet down quite a bit, once again I’m sure the guy lines would’ve helped with this. Definitely not enough room for 4 guys my size and gear, but two adults and a smaller person would be ok(for full disclosure I didn’t set the guy lines, because there isn’t always somewhere to tie off so I left it as is). There’s a good amount of room if the weather turns shitty and you get stuck inside or changing clothes etc getting in and out of your sleeping bag.

Last night really reminded me how much I need a new sleeping pad though. Maybe Father’s Day or my birthday willl bring one. I’m also going to see about sewing up a pillow case that I could maybe stuff my blow up pillow in one side and stuff a down jacket or shirts In the other for something nicer to rest my head on. Kind of a double layer set up.

Im still deciding on a stove. I’m leaning towards getting a lite outdoors stove or the g-stove. I can’t really decide if I’ll use the stove for backpacking or more for quad trips.
    If you don't read the newspaper, you're uninformed. If you read the newspaper, you're mis-informed.

I bought a borah bivy sack to use in my cimarron. In about a month will get this setup
    into the alpine

I was just thinking about this thread. I ordered a cimarron on Sunday night with the carbon pole and half nest. I’m almost finished building a stove for it, I just need to finish a few details. Maybe I’ll start a thread with pics and details/questions about the stove.

Kbc I would like to see pics and info on the stove if you have time

try one of these

https://hennessyhammock.ca/?geolocation_redirect=true

youtube has lots of stuff also

Quote Originally Posted by jac View Post
    Kbc I would like to see pics and info on the stove if you have time
    I posted a thread on it here;

http://www.huntingbc.ca/forum/showth...60#post2253760

My lite outdoors stove showed up today. It assembled a lot easier than I expected. I’m working nights tonight and ran out of time to assemble the pipe and burn it in. I got the baffle, spark arrestor and a 7 foot pipe.

If you don't read the newspaper, you're uninformed. If you read the newspaper, you're mis-informed.

be careful with the tensioning of those 3 bolts. In the How to video it tells you to tighten them but they are already pretty tightened with the appropriate tension. When I burnt my stove in the cylinder buckled at the spot that the pipe enters the stove due to the extra pressure that actually wasn't needed.

the set up is slick but just be careful. If you did tighten them up be sure to loosen them again before burning in.

Quote Originally Posted by dapesche View Post
    be careful with the tensioning of those 3 bolts. In the How to video it tells you to tighten them but they are already pretty tightened with the appropriate tension. When I burnt my stove in the cylinder buckled at the spot that the pipe enters the stove due to the extra pressure that actually wasn't needed.

the set up is slick but just be careful. If you did tighten them up be sure to loosen them again before burning in.
    I actually didn’t have time to screw around with it. I’ll leave them as is.

How much do you figure you saved going with that stove over the SO stoves?